Do You Fly the NGX Online?  

420 members have voted

1. 1. Do you fly your 737-NGX Online?

• Yes - I Fly Online on the VATSIM Network
    • Yes - I Fly Online on the IVAO Network
    • Yes - I Fly Online but a different Network
    • No - I do not Fly Online at all

Guest 747-fan

I fly on both IVAO and VATSIM. I run Servinfo first to see which network has the best ATC coverage and traffic. I then choose which network to fly that time. I wish more would do that, sign up for both networks. Try them both out with an open mind and then fly without any loyalty, and then let the tried and tested captalistic "big will eventually eat small" snowball effect take it's course. In reality, there's very little difference between the networks.

Just tried to join IVAO but on the join page the website isnt working, you cant enter your country.

Looks like Vatsim is going to get the most Votes, so the 2nd Poll tomorrow will be geared towards what Continent you want to fly on and what would be a good time for you. On the 3rd Poll we will pick a Deapartue and Arrival Airport.

I've always been an offline guy, I'm too nervous, what if I screw up?I'm not too favored anywhere never mind VATSIM. I tried before, but I froze up when asked a question and F4'd.And all I was seeing were VIP Planes. I'm a whimp.

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

I've always been an offline guy, I'm too nervous, what if I screw up?
I been on VATSIM for many years, but even I was a rookie at one time. You just need a mentor to show you the ropes which makes it a lot easier. But flying online, and beloning to an Airline is a very rewarding experience. Big%20Grin.gif

I been on VATSIM for many years, but even I was a rookie at one time. You just need a mentor to show you the ropes which makes it a lot easier. But flying online, and beloning to an Airline is a very rewarding experience. Big%20Grin.gif
Hey thanks, i have a friend flying on there, I'll ask him.In the mean time I'll go man up my voice.

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

I'll go man up my voice.
Well I just use Text for VATSIM since I am Deaf. But you can use Voice or Text whatever your preferance is.

I have a question!I want to fly the NGX on VATSIM and have setup everything but... What do you do when there is no ATC presence? Just clear yourself for whatever?

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Use UNICOM on 122.8 to announce your intentions, Especially if there are a few on the ground at the Airport.

I sometimes use the one or the other as I like it for my fun and comfort. In most cases I fly the PMDG 737 NGX in Singleplayer-mode.

I flew FSX on Vatsim for the first time yesterday (usually fly airliners on VATSIM with FS9) and of course with the PMDG737NX. It was a total blast and tried flying KLAX - KORD. After some 30 minutes in the air and with ASE provding the weather, something caused the 737NGX to fly bank left and right constantly, even flying away with a 90 degrees angle from the route. I wasn't even able to main straight and level flight without AP so I'm confident it wasn't PMDG's fault. Finally I had an OOM crash some 20 min out of KORD, but up until that it was one of my most immersive flight I've ever done in MSFS and on Vatsim!

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

will love to fly this bird on gamespy but sadly not yet, hopefully when SP1 is released. Hi AndyStrat! i remember you from the GVA days! and the HVA days. if people want to do an PMDG event over a FSD based server but dont want the rest of vatsim/ivao traffic around ie, just PMDG NGX's only , then have a look at the FSINN server pulldown menu on the VA im with www.flybvuk.com if people are interested in this , i can setup an event to fly anywhere. Regards Eric.

will love to fly this bird on gamespy but sadly not yet, hopefully when SP1 is released. Eric.
Eric, The currently latest HOTFIX 2922, corrects most of thje UDP Flooding issues, that cause the FSX MP session to "CRASH & BURN", so you should be able to fly in a FSX/GAMESPY MP session, if you install this HOTFIX (or later). Just DO NOT extend the Air Brakes to 100% ( better off not using them at all, till PMDG correct the 100% AirBrake flooding issues) Geoff

Eric, The currently latest HOTFIX 2922, corrects most of thje UDP Flooding issues, that cause the FSX MP session to "CRASH & BURN", so you should be able to fly in a FSX/GAMESPY MP session, if you install this HOTFIX (or later). Just DO NOT extend the Air Brakes to 100% ( better off not using them at all, till PMDG correct the 100% AirBrake flooding issues) Geoff
Ok Geoff, thats good to Know. Thanks for that, P.S. Love your fsx software, would love to know how you do it. any chance of a copy for my fsx server :)