Sign in to follow this  
kiwiflyer45

Rudder/Brake Problem and FSUIPC

This is in the "share your experience" category so if anyone else has a similar issue, this might help. Over the last few weeks my wonderful, trusty old CH Pro rudder pedals have been giving me problems, mostly with uncommanded braking though some other weird stuff as well. I wasn't totally surprised when it started happening as I've had these pedals for a very long time and they have had a ridiculous amount of use. (Not gonna say how many hours as my wife might read it and I'll have to admit that she's right about me being addicted to FS9!) LOL.gif I figured they were justifiably worn out and ready to be replaced. But I tried calibrating them, both via the CH Control Manager and the native FS9 calibration interface and every time they showed they were working perfectly. After trying all kinds of things, I remembered that I had downloaded a new version of FSUIPC around about the same time these problems started. So I replaced the new one with an older version that fortunately I had in my backup files and PRESTO - problem solved! Everything is working perfectly. Has anybody else had anything similar? I'm not criticizing FSUIPC - what would FS9 be without it? im Not Worthy.gif But it seems the latest version perhaps has some issues that earlier versions didn't?CheersIan

Ian, I just can't see how FSUIPC is the cause of your problems. So many people use it directly for hardware control. But if you feel that it is then you need to write to Pete Dowson. Be aware he won't support old versions of his programs. He's away until next weekend. I have used both CH and Saitek yokes and have calibrated both via FSUIPC without problem. If I were you I would remove the CH Control Manager software and disable calibration in FS9. Assign yoke and other hardware directly in FSUIPC and I'm sure you will find your problems have gone. You don't say what version you're running but the latest beta can be found here. http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66139-updated-modules/

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

After installing the latest FSUIPC beta recheck the axis parameters in it to insure your FSUIPC.ini file is OK. Remember that you can store axis and assignments by aircraft, that is if you select that option it will only affect the aircraft currently loaded in FS. Are any of your yoke and throttle axis causing problems? See this thread regarding FSUIPC 4 but may apply to your FSUIPC 3.http://forum.simflight.com/topic/69091-more-slope-calculation-problems/ particularly the last reply. See if version 3997n fixes or make the problem worse. It is at:http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66139-updated-modules/ as Ray stated. The release notes on that page cover all of the changes since 3.99 from the main download page.