Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HumptyDumpty

Pilot operating Handbook.

I don't own the girl next door, but before I do I would be interested in a real pilot operating handbook for the 737-800ng . Does PMDG have docs that could be downloaded without purchasing the NGX ?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Negative, ghost rider. There are no freebie "POHs" for Boeing aircraft (or any other aircraft). You'll have to purchase the FCOMs.

Negative, ghost rider. There are no freebie "POHs" for Boeing aircraft (or any other aircraft). You'll have to purchase the FCOMs.
Can they be purchased from PMDG ?

Yes sir! I have a some hard copies of the FCOMs. $170, I believe. I got them as a gift from my rich friend. Lol. There's no way to purchase PDF versions, though.

Can they be purchased from PMDG ?
The Real Boeing manuals come free with the NGX.You can buy the printed manuals from PMDG but they are much more expensive. Fred.

The Real Boeing manuals come free with the NGX.You can buy the printed manuals from PMDG but they are much more expensive. Fred.
Ah alright.

Those aren't the FCOMs, but rather "notes" from the FCOMs. But yes, that's a very neat site.
Thanks Zach.

Zach, I think I have asked this question here or in an another post but don't really recollect which one , I am still and intermediate simpilot with some real ground training , can I just push on to the NGX or will I need to switch to a different aircraft and then go to the heavy, I ask as I am using the SIM as a learning process. Hope you or anyone can answer it.

Hey There IronMaiden!!! (Something like Robocop?) Just kidding! I can recommend the two volume set of the PMDG Flight Crew Ops Manual. Depending on how much you want to get into the aircraft and flying it. About 2000 pages!!! Not cheap, but worth it, if you are going to seriously fly the NGX and keep it on your flight line for some time to come. Excellent manuals, very well done. Cheers --- Bob Big Grin.gif

Hey There IronMaiden!!! (Something like Robocop?) Just kidding! I can recommend the two volume set of the PMDG Flight Crew Ops Manual. Depending on how much you want to get into the aircraft and flying it. About 2000 pages!!! Not cheap, but worth it, if you are going to seriously fly the NGX and keep it on your flight line for some time to come. Excellent manuals, very well done. Cheers --- Bob Big%20Grin.gif
Bob, Nah not Robocop, the Ironmaiden's they ROCK. I am not planning on getting in to the NGX currently or immediately as I am still training on the SIM (training since last two , worst pilot ever :) ) If you read my previous post ah never mind , I am using the sim as a training tool and not just flying all around that's boring for me. going to through a learning curve. 2000 pages manual I will never finish it. But ya later I want to fly it.

Zach, I think I have asked this question here or in an another post but don't really recollect which one , I am still and intermediate simpilot with some real ground training , can I just push on to the NGX or will I need to switch to a different aircraft and then go to the heavy, I ask as I am using the SIM as a learning process. Hope you or anyone can answer it.
It's a sim, start big! That's the great thing about this hobby! I would, however, have the basic air work down. Most sim pilots can press buttons, but can't fly worth a crap.

It's a sim, start big! That's the great thing about this hobby! I would, however, have the basic air work down. Most sim pilots can press buttons, but can't fly worth a crap.
Sometimes they overlook that this little hobby (if you are the right age) might as well define how the rest of your life will be. I started "hardcore" simming when i was 14... yeras later, training in real life and most that I had learned in my room, made sense (I'm 30 now). If you take flight simulator seriously, it can really change your life. Now, respect it, use it to your advantage and RTFM. If you manage to learn this airplane in and out, you will really have an advantage during ATPL training and even a type rating.... and pushing buttons is really not enough. You need to know every little thing that happens when you push a switch. Read about CDSs, TRUs, ADMs, strapdowns... it's all in there and vell simulated. Especially when you compare it to what you learn on the airframe and systems courses. Now, I even this sim didn't trigger a vocation to become a real pilot... well, just have fun.

Sometimes they overlook that this little hobby (if you are the right age) might as well define how the rest of your life will be. I started "hardcore" simming when i was 14... yeras later, training in real life and most that I had learned in my room, made sense (I'm 30 now). If you take flight simulator seriously, it can really change your life. Now, respect it, use it to your advantage and RTFM. If you manage to learn this airplane in and out, you will really have an advantage during ATPL training and even a type rating.... and pushing buttons is really not enough. You need to know every little thing that happens when you push a switch. Read about CDSs, TRUs, ADMs, strapdowns... it's all in there and vell simulated. Especially when you compare it to what you learn on the airframe and systems courses. Now, I even this sim didn't trigger a vocation to become a real pilot... well, just have fun.
LOL I am probably 9 years overage for a CPL , I want a PPL , but I want to fly the 737 so NGX is the one.

When i did my ATPL training there were people there who were probably 40 or 45 years old. They never intended to become airline pilots, yet they went for the CPL-IRME. Why, well, aviation can be a really beautiful hobby. For those who were vocational and for common reasons didn't make it into airline, flight simulator is the way to get to play with big irons. Now, some of these people at my flight school got together and bought a little airplane for them to share. They leased it to a flight school so that they didn't have pay for all the maintenance and hangar. So there they were, a group of 4 middle aged guys who co-owned a cessna 172 and a google calendar, and could go flying whenever they wanted... That is where I'll probably end up unless I hurry up or maybe get my instructor rating. I think my chances of getting to airline are getting smaller and smaller every day. So, if i don't make it, i want to be a 45y/o guy who owns a pretty little cessna. All thanks to those diskettes labeled Flight Simulator 5.1 that a friend of mine lent me back in 1996.

When i did my ATPL training there were people there who were probably 40 or 45 years old. They never intended to become airline pilots, yet they went for the CPL-IRME. Why, well, aviation can be a really beautiful hobby. For those who were vocational and for common reasons didn't make it into airline, flight simulator is the way to get to play with big irons. Now, some of these people at my flight school got together and bought a little airplane for them to share. They leased it to a flight school so that they didn't have pay for all the maintenance and hangar. So there they were, a group of 4 middle aged guys who co-owned a cessna 172 and a google calendar, and could go flying whenever they wanted... That is where I'll probably end up unless I hurry up or maybe get my instructor rating. I think my chances of getting to airline are getting smaller and smaller every day. So, if i don't make it, i want to be a 45y/o guy who owns a pretty little cessna. All thanks to those diskettes labeled Flight Simulator 5.1 that a friend of mine lent me back in 1996.
So you mean anyone can still do an ATPL no matter the age , the only thing is not get in to the real plane and fly it. Oh yeah I remember the DOS version of the simulator. Hey all the best , and ya you better hurry.

Now my friend has the NGX and documentation is huge so where should he start from , I mean which is the first documentation should he read ?

That is a very arrogant atatement. We do it for pleasure, not as a second job!
If flying the aircraft "crapily" is pleasurable, that's fine. If flying it with some sort of understanding and finesse, that's much better. Arrogant? No. I just assume if you've "invested" in the NGX, you're aiming for some sort or realism...
Now my friend has the NGX and documentation is huge so where should he start from , I mean which is the first documentation should he read ?
I think he should get in and fly! Worry about the documentation when you're lost. That's the only way for a complete newbie... That or AoA's training.

I only do this hobby for fun. If I had wanted to become an airline pilot, I would have done it 45 years ago. Arrogant, yes you are no matter how much you deny it!! everyone has their own opinion and that is mine!! Done with this subject!!

I only do this hobby for fun. If I had wanted to become an airline pilot, I would have done it 45 years ago. Arrogant, yes you are no matter how much you deny it!! everyone has their own opinion and that is mine!! Done with this subject!!
Yeah, I think you said that already? Hence my response. Refer to post #23 again. So long!
Couldn't agree more. Omar, how many hours you lack to unfreeze that ATP? If you don't mind my asking.