Sign in to follow this  
bburkley

Descent into Sin City

Great pictures. Lovely scenery. Does Track IR cause much of a hit on frame rates? I'm thinking it might be time to make the investment. Many thanks.
I dare say that TrackIR (especially TrackIR 5) not only has zero impact on FPS, but it even gives you the feeling of having gained a few more FPS.

PMDG-777-EK-SIG-MAY1713-2_zps6f2ed2be.pn

Chidiebere Anyahara

I dare say that TrackIR (especially TrackIR 5) not only has zero impact on FPS, but it even gives you the feeling of having gained a few more FPS.
I would agree. The smoothness and fluidity is exceptional.

Brandon Burkley

I've used TrackIR for years and can't imagine getting in a virtual cockpit without it and EZCA.

You're getting better shine in the VC than me, are you using any type of light mod? ThanksMark Austen

You're getting better shine in the VC than me, are you using any type of light mod? ThanksMark Austen
ENB Series.

Brandon Burkley

Great pics Brandon! I've really got to get TrackIR just to get that view of the winglets! Anthony Hammond

Wow. That MS LV looks amazing. Might have to buy that. .
Nahh. Go with SimSavvy Massive US scenery instead. Same photoreal scenery, but covering the entire U.S.Trevor Moore

Nahh. Go with SimSavvy Massive US scenery instead. Same photoreal scenery, but covering the entire U.S. Trevor Moore
Looks great but the problem I have with covering the entire US with photo scenery is that you don't get the change in seasons in places that really need it. SoCal, Nevada, Arizona, and Texas, don't have much of a change minus some of the high mountains with snow. I think Vero FS offers different seasonal photoreal sceneries but the file sizes are MASSIVE. That's why I stick to ORBX and GEX in most places that need the extra seasonal adjustment to keep things as close to reality as possible. When ORBX releases NorCal and SoCal I will probably discontinue all of my California photosceneries, just because you get the best of both worlds with a mix of photoreal areas, terrain mesh, and seasonal changes. ORBX is really the best option in my book.

Brandon Burkley

Thanks guys. Scenery is MegaScenery Las Vegas with FSDreamTeam KLAS.
Very nice. May i ask what your FSX settings are.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Very nice. May i ask what your FSX settings are.
Basically straight out of the NGX Intro doc - just reduced autogen density to normal. Using REX textures (2048 x 2048 clouds) with ASE weather (1 cloud layer). Direct 3D Antilag limiter @ 40 FPS with ENB Series enabled. Also have UT2 running with 70% airline density, 10% GA. Just broke down the other night (after returning from the local pub) and bought a Dell U2711 monitor and a GTX 580 to power it. I'll post some more shots as soon as I get those up and running...

Brandon Burkley

Basically straight out of the NGX Intro doc - just reduced autogen density to normal. Using REX textures (2048 x 2048 clouds) with ASE weather (1 cloud layer). Direct 3D Antilag limiter @ 40 FPS with ENB Series enabled. Also have UT2 running with 70% airline density, 10% GA. Just broke down the other night (after returning from the local pub) and bought a Dell U2711 monitor and a GTX 580 to power it. I'll post some more shots as soon as I get those up and running...
Quick!! Return the Dell U2711 while the 30-day return period is still open and fetch yourself a 30in. HP ZR30W. Trevor

Something to keep in mind with the GTX 580, you can only run late 200 series drivers. I have found out the hard way my GTX 560 is not giving me the same AA results as my GTX 275 was. I am at a point that I may put my GTX 275 back in and run 197 drivers that were giving me good quality AA. Nividia made a change in the 200 series drivers to AA that any combination of Inspector settings cannot fix. Suggest thinking about that as your images looks really good as they are.

Trevor - I'll test the Dell out first and see what I think. I've read a lot about it and most have said nothing but great things. Got rated number one on CNET so that says something there. Plus I like the variety of connections it offers so I can hook other devices up to it as well (*ahem* HDMI), which the HP does not offer. No Name - I'm running the late 200 series drivers right now on my 470 and haven't had any problems. I would not have upgraded my card if it wasn't for the extremely high resolution I will be running on the new monitor (2560 x 1440) which is going to take more GPU power. I've done some reading and it sounds like a great card - check out this post. Note he is using the same exact processor in the testing that I'm using now. I'll see what I find and report back my results. Nevertheless, if both don't size up to my expectations I can always return...

Brandon Burkley