Sign in to follow this  
akzach

PAINT KIT!

If someone can provide me the TUI-font, I'd be more then happy to produce the rest of the planes in the TUI-group (Jetairfly, Thomson, TUIFly Nordic, maybe even Corsairfly and Jet4you, even though they don't have 737NG's)

It was well explained in the instruction manual how to paint the fuselage, and how to crop the files into fuselage1-3files and so on, but the rest of the files wasnt explained at all, so all i did was flatten them and save them as .dds and put them in the correct folder. now this is most likely the problem. Can someone explain?;-)/Niklas Eriksson
Niklas, Thats a groovy paint! :-P I have a couple of questions... You did all the steps correctly?Paint, cut, paste 3 sections from the master PSD into the 3 smaller PSDs, flatten, flip them vertically and save as DXT 5 DDS (its important they are saved as DXT5 for proper alpha masking of the windows?Did you make any changes to the alpha layer? (normally you shouldn't touch the alpha layer unless you want to plug some windows). Did you also follow our tutorial on setting up the aircraft.cfg entries for the livery? Try this: - Duplicate an existing texture folder, rename it to your liking (texture.niklas for example) In the texture folder, you should have 11 DDS plus the texture.cfg and the thumbnail.jpg. - Move your saved DDS to the newly created texture folder and overwrite existing. Make sure you set up the [FLIGHTSIM.XX] section in the aircraft.cfg folder correctly. Let me know your results... Cheers,

Jason Brown - Exterior Model Engineer,

http://www.precisionmanuals.com
Posted Image

Specs: MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | Intel i7 4970K OC @ 4.6GHz | Gigabyte GTX970 G1 4GB | 16GB (2X8GB) G.Skill Trident | Corsair Air 540 White Case | Corsair AX750 750W PSU | 27" Samsung SyncMaster 275T+ | 27" Samsung S27D850 | 13" Wacom Cintiq | Windows 10 Professional x64

Niklas, Thats a groovy paint! :-P I have a couple of questions... You did all the steps correctly?Paint, cut, paste 3 sections from the master PSD into the 3 smaller PSDs, flatten, flip them vertically and save as DXT 5 DDS (its important they are saved as DXT5 for proper alpha masking of the windows?Did you make any changes to the alpha layer? (normally you shouldn't touch the alpha layer unless you want to plug some windows).Did you also follow our tutorial on setting up the aircraft.cfg entries for the livery? Try this: - Duplicate an existing texture folder, rename it to your liking (texture.niklas for example) In the texture folder, you should have 11 DDS plus the texture.cfg and the thumbnail.jpg.- Move your saved DDS to the newly created texture folder and overwrite existing. Make sure you set up the [FLIGHTSIM.XX] section in the aircraft.cfg folder correctly. Let me know your results... Cheers,
Hi! Yea a bit to "LSDy" for my taste;)however that problem actually solved itself when i found out that i didnt have the correct plugin for photoshop to create dds files.However a new problem has occured, I cant get the reg no underneath the wing correct...Whatever i TRY there is still the "deault" PR GUF"I attach both a screenshot of how the plane looks in fsxAnd also a picture of how my wingdecals file look like(yes it is placed in the correct folder, i have checked that a million times:-p) /Niklas Eriksson

Niklas Eriksson

Ok seriously, that was within seconds of us making it live... in the middle of the night. You guys are nuts lol.
Ryan SDK to follow soon??

John C

Hi! Yea a bit to "LSDy" for my taste;)however that problem actually solved itself when i found out that i didnt have the correct plugin for photoshop to create dds files.However a new problem has occured, I cant get the reg no underneath the wing correct...Whatever i TRY there is still the "deault" PR GUF"I attach both a screenshot of how the plane looks in fsxAnd also a picture of how my wingdecals file look like(yes it is placed in the correct folder, i have checked that a million times:-p) /Niklas Eriksson
Great to hear that the problem has been solved. As for the reg, look in the alpha channels, there is an alpha layer that you need to duplicate the reg in white (black in the channel means transparency, white means no transparency). Cheers,

Posted Image

Specs: MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | Intel i7 4970K OC @ 4.6GHz | Gigabyte GTX970 G1 4GB | 16GB (2X8GB) G.Skill Trident | Corsair Air 540 White Case | Corsair AX750 750W PSU | 27" Samsung SyncMaster 275T+ | 27" Samsung S27D850 | 13" Wacom Cintiq | Windows 10 Professional x64

Thanks PMDG, just finished reading documentation and looking through all the PSD files. Fantastic work there, one the best paintkits I have seen to date. Very pleased with how things are layed out in each file and the master file will be a huge time saver, should make creation a breeze im Not Worthy.gif

Jeff Hendershot
"Roger, Roger...What's Our Vector, Victor?"

It ain't the middle of the night here in Euroland, some of us are enjoying our breakfast right now, having a nice well deserved weeks holiday. biggrin.png Then again, some of us are just obsessedwink.png If I may request someone does a nice Aer Lingus repaint that would be lovely...
+1. Look here, there's even one named after youwink.png

Great to hear that the problem has been solved. As for the reg, look in the alpha channels, there is an alpha layer that you need to duplicate the reg in white (black in the channel means transparency, white means no transparency). Cheers,
Thanks Jason!Just one last question(ok at least for now;-)) Can you explain how to use the alpha channels, the PR GUF is visible in the aplha channel, but i cant change anything there... how does the alpha channel work?:-)/Niklas Eriksson

Niklas Eriksson

Nilkas, You need to duplicate the registration you have in the main layer into the alpha channel and make sure the font is white not black. Easiest way is to select the magic lasso tool, click on the letters to create a lasso outline, then go into the alpha channel with the lasso still enabled (outline showing) and fill that with white. (Make sure you clean the alpha channel with black first)

Posted Image

Would be nice if someone can make a "Lufthansa" livery because I am too stupid to do this. tried it earlier with the FS9 version but it looks awful.Alien.gif Thanks for the help. im%20Not%20Worthy.gif

paintshop pro X2 version 12, cant open the master.psd, it says out of memory , i have 8gb of ram? how can i be out of memory?

paintshop pro X2 version 12, cant open the master.psd, it says out of memory , i have 8gb of ram? how can i be out of memory?
i have ppro 8 and get the same error. dang. i just want a bbj livery :(