Sign in to follow this  
Artem Crum

LINDA for VRinsight MCP Combo 2

Gents, The MCP Combo 2 unit sent to me by VRinsight has arrived. I will start to work on updated version of LINDA in a couple of days. The plan is first to release a compatibility patch without reworking the GUI just to allow LINDA to recognize new unit. The full update with dedicated GUI for MCP2 will be released later. I suppose it will take about 2 weeks to update LINDA, because new unit has a totally new communication language. No major problems expected here, but it will take some time to make it work. All updates on development process will be here in this thread.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
LINDA Lua Integrated Non-complex Device Assigning

AWESOME can't wait.... Thanks Crum...!

5Take Care, Will Clark

My computer: Intel 14900K, Motherboard ROR Maximus Z790 Formula, PSU Dark Power 1600, Ram DDR5 (7200) Vengeance 32GB CL38, ASUS 4090, Keyboard Logitech ASUS, Mouse ROCCAT LEADR Wireless, Corsair M.2 SSD 4TB x2, Headset Astro A50 Wireless, Microphone Elgato Wave 3, Stream Deck Elgato XL, GoXLR, Loopdeck Live, Chair Steelcase Gesture with Headrest, Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG White, Custom Built water cooling, Ek Lian li xl distro plate, Fittings EK & Bitspower, Monitor LG C1 48 OLED, Desk Speakers Audio Engine A5+ White.

Little teaser... Whistle.gif

Artem Crum, EASA PPL

Hi Artem, could you give a short review of the new MCP when you got the time? Anything you can do with it that isn't possible with version 1? Can you control the lights for instance?

Helge Rasmussen

Short review Good news:

• We can now FULLY control BOTH of displays! Each line, each char, anything we want! This is the greatest improvement of all.
  • No more hardcoded actions for MCP rotaries (SPD/HDG/ALT values will be changing only if we want them to, so i.e. in MCP mode 2 we can totally change the display's behavior and it's contents)
  • CTR/TFC knobs now have fast rotation mode
  • Quite a bit better design and construction

Bad news:

• New rotaries are flimsy and do a lot of noise while turning
  • Buttons highlighting is not so nice (too bright even in daylight) -- have found a DIY fix for that
  • And the design of whole unit is still ugly (many small yet not critical issues)
  • No, we cannot control the lights

Tech part:

• Mostly the same logic with minor differences. The hardware part is now simplified and all logic is now left on software driver. This leads to more complex driver's code, but from the other point this means a much more flexibility.

Conclusion:

• Better than MCP1 and the best desktop cockpit solution on the market (IMHO)
  • ...but not sure if it worth it to replace MCP1 if you have one (only if you could sell it at a good price)

--------BTW, LINDA already works fine with MCP2, and NGX module already makes use of the new MCP2 features...Have to do some work with LINDA GUI though.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL

LINDA v1.1 enters the internal beta testing stage...

Artem Crum, EASA PPL

Good day, Also have the new MCP combo II (boeing type) but unfortunately no drivers are available for the FSX PMDG planes. Its a Little bit disappointing. If I Use SerialFP2, and select FSX default plane "boeing 737 800" I can use some functions: communication, auto pilot disconnect, nav etc. So I contacted VRinsigt... I quote: I'm preparing softwate for iFly 737NG. As they release SDK, MCP-II Combo unit is interfaced directly. NO Key mapping required and more detailed auto flight status is displayed. Wilco's Airbus is also doing direct interface as they provide us FSUIPC offset.PMDG said they are preparing SDK and we're waiting for that. See followings posted, http://www.goflighti...hp?topic=1106.0http://forum.avsim.n...he-view-forward Unquote. So in general, first we have to wait for PMDG till they issues the SDK after that VRinsight have to make new drivers... I think this will take months. So what's my question, will LINDA v1.1 be conpattble with PMDG 737 NGX and MCP combo II (boeing type). See attached files I received from VRinsightMoney%20Eyes.gif . Regards Dereck

I am currently beta testing the iFly 737 VRi software for the MCP2 and CDU2 and they work well apart from some minor niggles. Hopefully it shouldn't be too much longer till its fixed and released. You really can't blame Vri for not supporting the NGX yet, there is nothing they can do until PMDG release the SDK. I am also beta testing LINDA for Artem and you are in for a real treat when that is ready, but still there is no support for sync'd displays its not possible without the NGX SDK, VRi are not the only developers hampered until the SDK is ready.

Cheers, Andy.

So what's my question, will LINDA v1.1 be conpattble with PMDG 737 NGX and MCP combo II (boeing type).
have you noticed the post #7??? happy.pngEvery question is answered there

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looking forward to use my Combo 2 with the PMDG 737 NGX ... can hardly wait Praying.gif Keep on the good work ! Peter

Hi, I can't wait to see what LINDA will bring to us....using the MCP II. Just to say: I'm already using the MCP II with the PMDG....and it works (FSUIPC keymapping + mouse macros) except for some issues...like roratory knobs: they are "too slow". And as already mentionned, the display is totally wrong..... Cheers Cedric