Sign in to follow this  
Smasher77th

To the honorable PMDG team members, a suggestion concerning the HGS combiner glass and its partial frame

laugh.png That's cute. Just because I worked on the iFly project doesn't mean that I can't own and enjoy another developers product...does it? Would you prefer that developers were at each others throat and hated each other, or would you rather us get along with each other and enjoy each others products? What ideas am I going to steal in a forum? I am not going to make this an iFly vs PMDG post...rather I am going to report your post.
There's a key fault in that. Report it for what exactly? Did I say something out of line? Nope. Did I say something that doesn't follow forum rules? Nope. I voiced my opinion. There is no fault in that and people will probably agree with that.

What you did do is question my legitimacy by making it seem that I am here to "steal some of PMDG's ideas." That is absolutely silly, and shows me your maturity level...That you would stoop to that level because I questioned something that you said in a post. I felt personally attacked and belittled by you...and that is against forum rules. Perception is 99% of a conversation.

Personally attacked. That's a laugh considering I get personally attacked in these forums day after day after day

So then that makes it ok to personally attack somebody else? Personally, I don't care when or where you get personally attacked. I didn't personally attack you. I just questioned your logic.

... I get personally attacked in these forums day after day after day
Think about that one for a moment. You've been a member for 17 days - and already managed to make yourself unpopular ...

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

Then I could say I questioned your logic as to why a iFly developer is on the PMDG (a competitor) forums

and how was I supposed to know that? What do you take me for? The avsim forums mind reader? I think we both should just calm down a notch. I apologise for what I said, and I didn't mean to attack you personally in any way.

Please guys..... The topic was that I thought I found a workaround to something impossible, so to speak. Let's not digress here. Some people think the workaround is worth a try, some think it's not possible, some think that even if it's possible, it's not worth the time. Every opinion is welcome IMHO so long as there is no rudeness to one another. Also, Tabs said it was Vin who did the HGS. He hasn't made any comments yet. Maybe he can do it, maybe not. Maybe he can, but is too busy at the moment with more important problems like bugs and activation problems (in which case he might look at it sometime in the future when everything is calm).

and how was I supposed to know that? What do you take me for? The avsim forums mind reader? I think we both should just calm down a notch. I apologise for what I said, and I didn't mean to attack you personally in any way.
Gooood! I really like you, NGXI mean the way it's so easy for you to retrace your steps a little bit in the interest of peace.

PMDG-777-EK-SIG-MAY1713-2_zps6f2ed2be.pn

Chidiebere Anyahara

Now now.... Can we please keep this on topic? I don't want to lock this thread especially since it's original aim was constructive.

Now now.... Can we please keep this on topic? I don't want to lock this thread especially since it's original aim was constructive.
That would be in all honesty disappointing, please let's keep the thread centrelined.

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

Nope, we won't lock it because as Chase said it's original aim was constructive.But I'll ask miss Di Agron x to leave this topic.I am a little bit tired of her repetitive attacks and behavior on this forum.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Now that is cleared up, as the OP Said, I do believe instead of aiming for refraction, we can get something to mimic itThat was a real good thought.EDIT : Like a window, inside the HGS, almost like the windows in the Displays, that have a different zoom level.Either way I can live without the effect, but it's just a thought.

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue