Sign in to follow this  
Ioan92

NGX vs. IRENE

No, I think that he needs his autoland options set to FAIL OP.
hm, isn't FAIL OP the default? away from my desk right now so I cannot verify. otherwise I will change this option and try. the other advice I already followed, CRS set on both sides, ILS freq set on both sides. pressing the second CMD button as soon as the GS icon turns purple etc. Both autopilots remain on (despite some others who push CMD B and the CMD A turns off and when they press CMD A again CMD B turns off), so all should be ok. Although I admit that I do not press LOC before APP as I am usually already flying LNAV. So besides the FAIL OP option, do I really need to press LOC before I press APP?

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Nice vid IoanDoes anyone know why the amber A/T disconnect annunciator light keeps flickering on and off?
Hi, about those AFS lights on the main panel.For some reason here the thread starter disconnected the autopilot in what is called 'an involuntary' way.This means a way the auto flight system is not expecting.In airplanes there's is a thing called 'soft disconnect'. This is the one and only way of disconnecting the auto flight system without upsetting it.All other ways are actually not used normally, unless the 'primary disconnect' (i.e. soft disconnect) does not function anymore.So go into your keyboard setting, look for A/P disengage switch and A/T disengage switch. NEVER use the disengage BAR, unless the primary means fails...(in reality there are conveniently located buttons for both on the flying controls + throttles)the lights you are seeing flashing is the system telling you 'hey, why is this autopilot off? i didn't get a normal disconnect request'you can usually cancel the lights by pressing them, also, by pressing the respective soft disconnect button a second time.

Good video. I don't understand why so many people want to put music to the videos. I have been an aviation nut since I was six. In my opinion the aircraft is music enough.Thanks,Ron Fields

Land 3 only shows with Fail Operational autoland option. Check you equipment options you probably have Fail passive set.
that did the trick. thanks for pointing this out to me. Thought that the NGX would come out of the box with autoland capabilities, well it sort of did but never showed me LAND3. Now I finally got this yesterday, thanks again.

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"