Sign in to follow this  
onody123

VATSIM or IVAO compatibility problems with NGX

what module crashes exactly?
IVAP External - if i use internal then FSX will also crash I can guarantee a crash of IVAP every time FSXASE - I have tried without this but still crashesEFB - I have tried without this but still crashesFs Realtime - I have tried without this but still crashesIVapEzdok - I have tried without this but still crashes

IVAP. No problems here either. 3,46 GHz i5 with 8 RAM, Win7, no FSX tweaks, REX and a bunch of airport sceneries from Aerosoft and FlyTampa.

Do you use keys or buttons in your joystick/yoke/panel for the transponder mode selector or do you use the NGX cockpit?Is your copy of FSUIPC4 registered?
NGX cockpit and registered FSUIPC

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

NGX cockpit and registered FSUIPC
Unfortunately I can't seem to find a way to synchronize the IVAP transponder with the NGX VC. It works with the 2D panel but not in the VC. Maybe when the SDK is outIf you have a spare knob in a panel, or 2 buttons or even 2 keys you can map to the transponder mode selector I can pass you the code to make it work in both the NGX and the IVAP transponder Mode Increment
tcas = ipc.get("tcas")  if tcas == nil then	--ipc.log("tcas null: " .. tcas)	tcas = 1  else   --ipc.log("tcas inc: " .. tcas)   if tcas > 4 then	return   end  end  ipc.writeUB(0x7b91, 0)  ipc.set("tcas", tcas + 1)  ipc.control(70432, -214748364)

Mode Decrement

tcas = ipc.get("tcas")  --if not (tcas == nil) then  --	ipc.log("tcas: dec" .. tcas)  --end  if tcas == nil or tcas < 2 then   ipc.set("tcas", 1)   return  end  if tcas < 3 then   ipc.writeUB(0x7b91, 1)  end  ipc.set("tcas", tcas - 1)  ipc.control(70432, 536870912)

Squawk Ident

ipc.control(70438, 536870912)ipc.writeUB(0x7b93, 1)

Personally I prefer to have this kind of controls mapped to buttons. I hate it when I'm vacating the runway and I need to go to the pedestal to set transponder to STANDBY... and again in the IVAP transponder

Even here, IVAP (external mode) crashes on a regular basis. The problem is that there is no message displayed that IVAP crashed, it happens in the background. But if you follow your flight on "The Eye" you see that your plane stopps moving. When in contact with ATC you'll disappear from his screen or seem standing in the air.It's an issue even discussed in IVAO forums. Waiting for a fix

Little update on my side: I noticed that NGX flying with IVAP(internal) kills nearly half of my FPS in busy addon airports (compared to offline flying). I don't know if it is resource related but I started getting random CTDs out of LOWW by Fly Tampa. Never had that before...

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

I have my transponder mode selector mapped to the IVAP's one with Lua, so when I set it to standby in the NGX, the IVAP transponder is set to standby tooSame thing with squawk ident, but I haven't tried it online yet
Hi Dazz, I have a few questions to you. Please answer if you can. Thanks in advance. 1) How can I make IVAP transponder mode S/C synchronyze with NGX and other addons ? 2) Probably it's a stupid one, but what is Lua ? Thanks again.

HiNGX with SB4 from a networked laptop works fine on vatsim for me.

Hi Dazz, I have a few questions to you. Please answer if you can. Thanks in advance. 1) How can I make IVAP transponder mode S/C synchronyze with NGX and other addons ? 2) Probably it's a stupid one, but what is Lua ? Thanks again.
Lua is a programing language. FSUIPC comes with a Lua interpreter and some libraries that allow interfacing with FSX in many ways. (See post #20 for some Lua code)To synchronize an addon with IVAP you need to write the code for each addon A/C. For the NGX there are two options for the transponder mode selector: 1.- Using a key/button for "mode increment" and another one for "mode decrement", so when you push it it will send a "signal" to the NGX and another to IVAP so that both do the increment/decrement. The keypress/buttonpress is what triggers it all. This is what I use and what I posted in #20 2.- Using the 2D panel pedestal, when you click on the transponder mode selector you can detect that event, and program a signal to IVAP to sychronize both With the VC there's no way to detect presses on the transponder mode selector as far as I know, so there's no way of sending the signal to IVAP

I have problems too when flying with IVAP internaly. I tryed with external mode and fsx does not crash so far.Quite funny is, that mostly in internal mode the fsx.exe CTD without any error message. If I have a lock on the Windows Eventlog, I see various DLL Files or sometime no module which caused the crash. Whenever I fly without IVAP it works fine (complex flight with clouds, autogen etc.). To verify I did an overnight flight (8 hours) without IVAP and without crash. I have although the NGX with latetest Hotfix (15.08.2011) installed. Hope that this will be fixed.

: : : aviation.pero-online.de
Developer of SIMstarter NG P3D & Homecockpit Builder

Surely it will be an increased possibility you will get problems with IvAp when using a complex addon like the NGX but I've been having lots of problems with IvAp causing both CTDs and freezes in FSX long before the NGX arrived.With this I'm not saying it wouldn't be great if PMDG could have a look at the problem, just saying that IvAp in itself is far from a stable and reliable addon at least from my own experience which is sad because I do all my flying online and I prefer to be on the IVAO network. However I have from time to time thought of giving VATSIM a chance too to find out if the VATSIM clients work better but I've heard there are problems with their different clients too. On the other hand both these networks and their software is a free service so considering that you can't really complain the software doesn't work 100%.

Richard Åsberg

Same problem here.i7 920 2,67 GHz, ATI HD 5870, 6 GB ram.Win 7 + FSX + UTX + GEX + REX2 + 738NGX = infinite flights with good fpsWin 7 + FSX + UTX + GEX + REX2 + 738NGX + IVAP = crash after around 1 hour and a half in difference phase of flight and different places.I've just re-install Win 7, FSX and all the add on but the problem doesn't gone...Before the windows uninstall the problem that win report was: Nome evento problema: APPCRASH Nome applicazione: fsx.exe Versione applicazione: 10.0.61472.0 Timestamp applicazione: 475e17d3 Nome modulo con errori: unknown Versione modulo con errori: 0.0.0.0 Timestamp modulo con errori: 00000000 Codice eccezione: c0000005 Offset eccezione: 00000000 Versione SO: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3 ID impostazioni locali: 1040 Now win7 says only: A fatal error has occurred. Now i will try IVAP in external mode, but i think it will not be different. We need a fix for that please !