On your dual core with HT. If you are running DX10 mode use AffinityMask 9. If you are using DX9 use AffinityMask 13 and enjoy slightly shorter load times and better texture loading.
That's wrong.

Sorry, it should say if you use DX9 you can use AM=13... Or use AM=9 for best FPS.

That's wrong.
How is that wrong?

Sorry, it should say if you use DX9 you can use AM=13... Or use AM=9 for best FPS.How is that wrong?
Oh do I really have to explain? :shok:AM9: Core0, Thread1, Core1, Thread2 active ???? Not to mention that FSX doesn't use HT.Alright lets go to 13: this is little better, making FSX work on both cores, Core0, Thread1, Core1, Thread1+2 activeNow please do explain why is there different AM for DX9 and DX10 needed???? Edited by Kosta

Oh do I really have to explain? :shok:AM9: Core0, Thread1, Core1, Thread2 active ???? Not to mention that FSX doesn't use HT.Alright lets go to 13: this is little better, making FSX work on both cores, Core0, Thread1, Core1, Thread1+2 activeNow please do explain why is there different AM for DX9 and DX10 needed????
I've explained in two long posts here in the forum so I wont go too much in to detail.There are more "fibres" when you use DX10 vs DX9 so it is really important to get them offloaded from the same physical core as the main FSX thread.The main FSX thread (the one that generates the FPS) can not make use of HT. It needs its own physical core alone.The texture loaders and the fibres can make use of HT...AM=9 and AM=5 both give you one texture loader but with AM=9 most of the fibres end up sharing the same physical core as the texture loader. With AM=5 a lot of fibres end up on the same physical core as the main thread. With AM=13 you get two texture loaders Hyper Threaded on one physical core. That gives you better texture loading and slightly faster load times but also lower FPS during the time that the fibres ends up on the same physical core as the main thread. Edited by SAAB340

I've explained in two long posts here in the forum so I wont go too much in to detail.There are more "fibres" when you use DX10 vs DX9 so it is really important to get them offloaded from the same physical core as the main FSX thread.The main FSX thread (the one that generates the FPS) can not make use of HT. It needs its own physical core alone.The texture loaders and the fibres can make use of HT...AM=9 and AM=5 both give you one texture loader but with AM=9 most of the fibres end up sharing the same physical core as the texture loader. With AM=5 a lot of fibres end up on the same physical core as the main thread. With AM=13 you get two texture loaders Hyper Threaded on one physical core. That gives you better texture loading and slightly faster load times but also lower FPS during the time that the fibres ends up on the same physical core as the main thread.
Where do you have any proof of that, because until now, it has always been shown that FSX uses no HT, no matter what.I get it what you're explaining, but still, I went through hell when I got 2600K to test out the HT cores, even using them as texture loaders, but could not see any improvement when moving stuff to HT threads. No better loading, no better performance.But anyway, OP could test it out and report.

Where do you have any proof of that, because until now, it has always been shown that FSX uses no HT, no matter what.
Is there any possible way to force a program to use all possible threads and cores?