Sign in to follow this  
sho69607

NGX Tutorial

anyone one know if there is a tutorial out there. I know most stuff but I really dont want to read through a thousand pages :(

~Spencer Hoefer

MOBO: Gigabye Aorus z590 elite | CPU: Intel i9-10900k  | RAM: GSKILL RIPJAWS 32GB DDR4 3200 |GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti 11GBOS: Windows 10 

anyone?

~Spencer Hoefer

MOBO: Gigabye Aorus z590 elite | CPU: Intel i9-10900k  | RAM: GSKILL RIPJAWS 32GB DDR4 3200 |GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti 11GBOS: Windows 10 

Do you mean besides the tutorial that shipped with the plane?

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

where is it. is it in the sim or in the documents?nevermind I found it

~Spencer Hoefer

There is a lot to be learned from the tutorial if you are willing to go throught it step by stepand see how LNAV and VNAV fly a route.

anyone one know if there is a tutorial out there. I know most stuff but I really dont want to read through a thousand pages sad.png
I hate reading the three thousand of pages too, I wish PMDG would make it easy on you to learn how to fly it with out a College degree Shocked.gif

A good place to start is getting to know and understnd the Autopilot Flight Director System. (AFDS) The FCOM Vol 2 page 183 is a good place to start.It is essential to have some knowledge of Thrust, Pitch and Roll.The autothrottle controls thrust and the autopilot controls Pitch and Roll. If you get the hang of this the other things will feel much easier.

I was doing the tutorial flight and it kept me at 5000FT due to restrictions until a few waypoints later. Is this the way it is in real life. Do pilots stay at 5000Ft until some 15 miles after departure from EGKK?

~Spencer Hoefer

I was doing the tutorial flight and it kept me at 5000FT due to restrictions until a few waypoints later. Is this the way it is in real life. Do pilots stay at 5000Ft until some 15 miles after departure from EGKK?
That is quite normal for that airspace in England.It is a very busy area with Heathrow, Stanstead, Gatwick and Luton airports.

No they don't. It was just part of the departure route out of this airport. So it was just part of this specific routeing PMDG used.

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

I see. I must be a very loud part of the city when there are jets flying only 5000Ft about the ground

~Spencer Hoefer

One of my cockpit videos is on a Virgin (?) 747 out of London, they seemed to be kept down low for an awfully long time there, so yes it does really happen. Probably not all the time, but sometimes.

Gary Lowndes

I hate reading the three thousand of pages too, I wish PMDG would make it easy on you to learn how to fly it with out a College degree Shocked.gif
There are only six documents and one of them has the word "tutorial" in its title. I am not really sure what more they could have done?