Sign in to follow this  
cookybudapest

APU

Hello, Great job, superb airplane but sometimes the APU don't work. After a medium flight, I would like to start the APU, Low pressure is illuminate but the APU don't run!!!! I have this product since the begining and never I met this problem!! Can you help me? Thank you Best Regards

Make sure you click the switch again. Many times i have accidentally moved the switch into the run position without first moving it all the way to the start position. Once the APU is started it should springload to the run position.

Also make sure the APU Bleed valve is open

Also make sure you sign your name for support as described by forum rules.

No need for bleed air valve intil the APU is running !Unlike the engines, the APU does NOT need bleed air to start + the bleed airvalve is only for Supplying bleed air to other systems.It is not needed if the engines are running except for ETOPS.

Also, there seems to be an issue with panel state loading. If you try to start the APU and it won't run, try switching it back to OFF, then try one more time to restart it. This seems to work for some people (including me).

Mark Hager

Also keep in mind that the needle will not move for several seconds after the start button is clicked, and once the needle has moved there is another time delay before the power is available to the generators. I think I have had that problem with loading from panel state and had to flip the switch off and back to start.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Check failures, maybe your apu is broken. General tips:Apu has an AC/DC starter system, with battery power only it will drain battery dc amps, when XFER BUS1 is avaiable it will use this source of AC amps to start.The bleed must be closed to preserve the APU, If bleed is left open, it will stay closed until the APU is at 95% and then will send command to the valve solenoid.It is not recomended to do that, because APU is cold and hot at the same time, it is just started, oil is cool, turbine blades are hot but supports, case, and other things not. So there are some items that needs to become stable before loading the APU. A minute is the right time to do this.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

Also make sure the APU Bleed valve is open
You don't have to have bleed air open to start the APU. Mitch bowman