Sign in to follow this  
Paul Deemer

NGX Group Flight on Vatsim Sunday, Sept 4th

I used to be an Event Coordinator at American Virtual Airlines. We often had a problem where ATC would be contacted to provide services and then a lower than expected turnout happened. Well you can imagine how ATC felt after fully staffing the Airports only to have a few people show up. So I am not going to do that, especially since it will be an all day thing. The ATC in this area is pretty much on the ball anyway and if they see a mass of planes on VATSIM heading into those Airports you can bet they will show up in a hurry. If they don't we can always put Frederic out on the Runway with a Flag to direct Inbound Traffic. LMAO.gif
I'm at AVA As well Pault ;) Just registered, have 5 hours under the belt :(

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

Advice to those who are not used to flying around the UK, EGKK-Gatwick is usually very well staffed so if you are looking for a short hop you could start there. They have several Iron Mic awards from VATSIM. I expect on a Sunday night it will have every ATC position manned.

I'll try to be there as well, but I can't be sure due to study load. I'll spread the word to Virtual Pilots Association.
That would be great! From EHAM to EGCC or EIDW, or the other way around, is the perfect distance for a nice short flight.Suggested routes to/from EHAM: EHAM - EGCC: BERGI UL602 SUPUR UL60 KOLAG UL60 OTBED / Even FL from 260 - 400 / Distance: 263 nmEGCC - EHAM: DESIG UL603 LAMSO / Odd FL from 270 - 410 / Distance: 263 nm EHAM - EIDW: BERGI UL602 SUPUR UL60 OTBED UL26 PENIL UL70 BAGSO / Even FL 260 - 400 / Distance: 405 nmEIDW - EHAM: LIFFY UL975 WAL UM16 DOLAS UL603 LAMSO / Odd FL from 290 - 410 / Distance: 405 nm Updated and current charts for EHAM can be found here. Correction:
... so come and join us this tomorrow evening (Sunday, Sept 4th, 1730 - 2030 UTC) ! cool.png

That looks like a nice short flight! Long-TAF indicates possible rain for EGCC tonight and thunderstorms for EHAM during the night followed by fog in the early morning, but looks pretty clear after that.That chart link is the from the official Dutch AIP website, yes?

That looks like a nice short flight! Long-TAF indicates possible rain for EGCC tonight and thunderstorms for EHAM during the night followed by fog in the early morning, but looks pretty clear after that.That chart link is the from the official Dutch AIP website, yes?
Correct. It automatically loads the most recent cycle for EHAM, which is useful to prevent outdated cycles and broken links.

MasterMindT its not very polite to hijack a thread like your doing and trying to direct traffic over to EHAM while we are planning a group flight elsewhere. When we are done at EIDW and EGCC if we still feel like flying maybe well come over to EHAM.

Hi, Paul What route are you going to fly? I'll will also fly that route! Ron AAL601
Hi Ron long time no see. Last time I flew over there I used the plan below. However the route will change slightly on Sunday based on whatever the NAT Track of the day is. Other than that it should be similar to below. BOS J575 TUSKY N77B YQX KOBEV 5050N 5140N 5230N 5320N MALOT GISTI OSGA3U When I flew the same route in the 737-800WL last time I took off with a full load of fuel at 46,000 lbs. Had a 10,000 lb reserve when I got there because of the tail winds. That is more than an hour of flight time in reserve. Pax Load was 162 = MaxCargo load was 11,800 If your imaginary about it and Figure 2 Pilots and 4 Flight Attentants you got 6 CrewSo 162+6=168 and 11,800 lbs cargo lets everyone take 70 lbs luggage. To be the most realistic about it would I would equip your aircraft with the ETOPs package and Sat Com Ant. Be sure to leave the APU running for the flight over but with the APU bleed off and APU bus off. If you let me know a time I will join you for the flight over.

This certainly wasn't meant as a hijack, although in hindsight it may look like one a bit. I just wanted to offer the people flying to EGCC/EIDW a nice departure airfield close-by that would be fully staffed with ATC, since the departure airport was up to the pilots themselves.

Ronnie one little miscalculation on the above flight. Can only take 43,000 lbs Fuel on the trip cause of the full load of Passengers. I went in to check and verify and at 46,000 lbs would be 3,000 lbs over the MTOW.

Its 1 a.m. on the East Coast of the USA. Will be getting up at 6 a.m. setting up for a flight from Boston to Dublin. Let's get some NGX planes in the air. :) Please put PMDG 737-NGX somewhere in the comments section of your flight plan so we know your a 737-NGX Pilot.

Anyone flying to EIDW or EGCC today? I am airborne and about 60 nm from REDBY where I start North Atlantic Track V. Doing Boston to Dublin as RYR202

I was flying at 4 ET, or 2100z, and there were no controllers at either airport. (And then SB crashed FSX on approach, oh well.)

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator