Sign in to follow this  
vego

PMDG 737NGX 50% drop in FPS/Fatal error/CTD

Hi, I just recently installed PMDG 737NGX on my brand new machine that I just builded for FSX, and I am experiencing a hugh drop (50%) in FPS when flying with 737 NGX. If I fly with the default 737 or any other, I have no problem with performance. I get somewhere around 12 FPS and I usally get 25 - 30 FPS. I just hope that 12 FPS is not normal because I understand that this aircraft uses a lot of CPU resourses due to overall detail of aircraft and systems on board. In addition, I experience other issues like CTD "fatal error message" when I end the flight - this happens 50% of the time. Also, If I go to map during the flight and whant to come back to the game, my screen gets all messed up, or if I have to go to desktop: same thing. I appreciate any help on this. Thanks. Intel® Core i7 CPU 950 @ 3.07GHz overclocked at 3.6 GHz12.0 GBAMD Radeon HD 6950 2GB 1 TB WD BlackWindows 7 64bit version

You have the same processor as I do, and should be doing way better... I have had no fatal errors or crashes upon exit, and can even save the NGX as a default startup mode with no issues.... however I do practice tight perf practicies and have nothing running in background etc, and in vista 64 have only 32 processess running when viewing the ctrl alt del information... dry running in DX10 mode....if your card supports it....I am not familiar with radeons however.... lower sliders within fsx..and follow all the advice here and on the pmdg docs... good luck, others will help too I'm sure

If you're getting 25-30 with the stock 737 you've got major issues. Did you follow the intro document & run your cfg through venetubo?I've never used the stock 737 but the ultralight over Friday harbor runs 250-300 fps for me.

If you're getting 25-30 with the stock 737 you've got major issues. Did you follow the intro document & run your cfg through venetubo? I've never used the stock 737 but the ultralight over Friday harbor runs 250-300 fps for me.
+1. Even my laptop runs faster than that. I think something has gone wrong if you're getting as low as that with the defaults

Yep something is wrong. I have the same CPU but at 4,3GHZ and a HD5870 1GB and have around 25-35fps in VC with pretty much all sliders way to the right . Have you as said ealier in this thread tweaked you FSX.CFG?

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

If you're getting 25-30 with the stock 737 you've got major issues. Did you follow the intro document & run your cfg through venetubo? I've never used the stock 737 but the ultralight over Friday harbor runs 250-300 fps for me.
Jeez, what are you running for 250+?You must get some mad stutters.

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

Jeez, what are you running for 250+?You must get some mad stutters.
That was with a 2600k @ 4.3. I generally keep frames locked but I've seen it break 400 without a limiter.

That was with a 2600k @ 4.3. I generally keep frames locked but I've seen it break 400 without a limiter.
O_O-Fistpump-Getting an i5 2500k, it's here, but now I'm waiting on Motherboard.

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

HI there, since we are talking about FPS. Can anyone help me by telling me how your FPS on YBBN with ORBX Australia and YBBN Scenery and the NGX with the aircraft powered(Displays on)? I'm having 15 FPS just with the FSX running and sitting there. If i start to move the mouse or the view it drops to 10.To me it's not NGX fault but something i need to tune.I applied ******* tool, and i have Antilag FPS Limiter (although i don't know if it is working).If you need any more info please let me know.Thanks in advance.

HI there, since we are talking about FPS. Can anyone help me by telling me how your FPS on YBBN with ORBX Australia and YBBN Scenery and the NGX with the aircraft powered(Displays on)? I'm having 15 FPS just with the FSX running and sitting there. If i start to move the mouse or the view it drops to 10.To me it's not NGX fault but something i need to tune.I applied ******* tool, and i have Antilag FPS Limiter (although i don't know if it is working).If you need any more info please let me know.Thanks in advance.
What's your FSX settings?

What's your FSX settings?
I'm at work now, but as far as i remember they were all almost to the right. No bloom, no lens flare, traffic all at 20%, but sea traffic at 40%. Airport traffic at medium.

Hi all.Dont want to start new topic, so put it here There is a little bug in panel.cfg - not slashed annotation line.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////   VC SECTION 4//   Upper/Lower Eicas - CDUs - Main Panel Annunciators - CDU button lighting - Main PanelInstrument Lighting///////////////////////////////////////////////////////[VCockpit04]size_mm=1024,1024pixel_size=1024,1024texture=$GaugeFourbackground_color=0,0,0 

Of course it`s not a root of all evil but the structure of file must be kept. Maybe will help to somebody

I'm at work now, but as far as i remember they were all almost to the right. No bloom, no lens flare, traffic all at 20%, but sea traffic at 40%. Airport traffic at medium.
Car traffic is a massive FPS hog. Try turning that down to 7%. If you normally fly airliners at 30000 feet and above, lower autogen. I have it at normal and the visual difference between normal and extremely dense isn't that big, but the performance difference is quite large.

Car traffic is a massive FPS hog. Try turning that down to 7%. If you normally fly airliners at 30000 feet and above, lower autogen. I have it at normal and the visual difference between normal and extremely dense isn't that big, but the performance difference is quite large.
I will try that at soon as i get home. I just put autogen to the right cause i read somewhere that someone was having better frame rates at extremely dense. Thanks for your help