Sign in to follow this  
Gramps ZA

Some excellent FPS

When I first got NGX when it was released I saw frame rates as high as 70 to 80 at FACT . Not a busy place. Then when flying around major European cities around 40 FPS . I installed liveries and have had one freeze. I then installed latest hotfix and all went well ,but no frame rates change. I uninstalled NGX today and reinstalled it as well as the hot fix straight after without starting FSX. I ran it at KLAX and saw 75 FPS as an average. I must note that the 2600k is clocked to 4:5 ghz. I then ran it at default and frame rates dropped to a 58 FPS average. These are pretty good frame rates especially at KLAX with traffic on max.Autogen is normal as always and all other sliders maxed,except for road cars at 15%. I wonder if the installation method made a difference?

When I first got NGX when it was released I saw frame rates as high as 70 to 80 at FACT . Not a busy place. Then when flying around major European cities around 40 FPS . I installed liveries and have had one freeze. I then installed latest hotfix and all went well ,but no frame rates change. I uninstalled NGX today and reinstalled it as well as the hot fix straight after without starting FSX. I ran it at KLAX and saw 75 FPS as an average. I must note that the 2600k is clocked to 4:5 ghz. I then ran it at default and frame rates dropped to a 58 FPS average. These are pretty good frame rates especially at KLAX with traffic on max.Autogen is normal as always and all other sliders maxed,except for road cars at 15%. I wonder if the installation method made a difference?
What I ended up doing was a clean install w/ the new installer from PMDG. It includes the latest hotfix. No freezes lately and not a single CTD.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

I get days when it seems to be topping out at 15 20-ish...then smooth as silk 30 some days. FSINN on/not on. Typically a quick reboot of FSX seems to solve things.

Zach, where do I find the new installer? I could do with that, as I can't fly, I only have CTD's when selecting the plane. Thanks.

Zach, where do I find the new installer? I could do with that, as I can't fly, I only have CTD's when selecting the plane. Thanks.
Ross, I'll say that this installer will more than likely not fix your particular CTD issues. Still, the new installer can be downloaded by logging into your eCommerce profile at PMDG and going to the previous orders section.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Hi,

What I ended up doing was a clean install w/ the new installer from PMDG. It includes the latest hotfix. No freezes lately and not a single CTD.
Where did you found the new download package with the Update included please? Regards, Bruno.

Bruno Teixeira.
W11 PRO x64 | i9 13900k | RTX4090 | 32GB DDR5 | MSFS

Hi, Where did you found the new download package with the Update included please? Regards, Bruno.
Go to PMDG web site and access your account. There it will reference all of the details of your purchases from them. Open the one that refers to your NGX purchase and the downloader there contains the latest fixes.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg