Sign in to follow this  
patrickbc

Preflight Complete and Throttle spikes.

Is it possible to get Preflight Complete in the CDU, I am trying but i just can't. And my Saitek throttle is spiking, which is causing A/T to disconnect at Takeoff. How does i fix my spiking throttle i know it isn't a NGX issue but please help me solve it any way. Now i have selected AT manuel override to never. But it isn't optimal.

I'm no expert, but when I get throttle spikes it is usually because two things are mapping the same throttle axis. If you are using FSUIPC, make sure controls via the FSX controls menu are turned off on the appropriate axis. I have also gotten throttle spikes when two devices are mapped to control the same throttle. Disable the axis on one of the devices if this is the case. I don't see preflight complete either, but that might be something you are used to from another addon, which I do see on another addon. Not an expert here either, but the PMDG simulation of the FMC is what the real thing does and perhaps the real thing doesn't give the preflight complete message.

And my Saitek throttle is spiking, which is causing A/T to disconnect at Takeoff. How does i fix my spiking throttle i know it isn't a NGX issue but please help me solve it any way.
After some use, the POTENTIOMETERS in the controller can get NOISY, and produce those spikes. Solutions (in increasing preference)(1) Live with it(2) Try switchcleaner on the pots !! (VOIDING any warranty !! )(3) Buy a new Joystick(4) Bug Saitek for an out-of-warranty replacement(5) Buy a new Joystick(6) REGISTER FSUIPC and then you can enable FSUIPC to filter the nois of all your Axis Pots.(4) Bug Saitek for an in-of-warranty replacement I would recommend #6 -- Registering FSUIPC also gains you many other advantages, and Peter Dowson deserves the small registration payment, for an excellent addon product.

I also never use FSUIPC to handle my joystick. The throttles i leave to FSX, and the rest of the many, many buttons on my X52 get handled by Saitek's software. Everything works perfect, and i have 3 profiles for different types of planes. As for "Preflight Complete", i never got that. Just follow the LSK 6R prompts and you'll be ok. I you forget to put in a runway, you'll get no V-speeds.

Cristi Neagu

I have registered FSUIPC but i can only find spikes filter for Aileron, Rudder and Elevator :-( How do i filter the Throttle axe

Is it possible to get Preflight Complete in the CDU, I am trying but i just can't. And my Saitek throttle is spiking, which is causing A/T to disconnect at Takeoff. How does i fix my spiking throttle i know it isn't a NGX issue but please help me solve it any way. Now i have selected AT manuel override to never. But it isn't optimal.
HelloJoin the club, everyones Saitek throttles spike eventually due to the totally inadequate trim pots used.These are really just disposable items as replacement pots are not available, Saitek wont help so just throw them away.Switch cleaner may help once or twice but eventually they will spike again.My CH throttle whilst employing better pots had other build quality issues such as levers that became loose and impossible to use accurately.My Saitek units are spiking badly so I will have to buy the Goflight TQ-6 or get round to building my own unit. Glyn

But there ist still a question left: Where is the Preflight Complete Page?
There is no such page. The checklist item simply reminds you to ensure that all of the FMC pages that are suppose to be filled out during preflight are completed. Cheers DZ

It would seem that Peter decided not to put a filter in FSUIP for throttles. I am sure if he had know that it was an issue, especially with Saitek controllers, he would have done. So 3 more options. (1) Email Peter Dowson, AND BEG HIm TO PUT A FILTER IN THE next release of fsuipc. ( be sure to expain why, and that many are having issues) (2) Write a SimConnect in-proc dll, that intercepts the Throttle axis, filters it in software, and them passes it on.( The advanatge of this, is that you can extend it to any other Axis's, -- especailly any you map to the AirBrakes ( Pandora's Box) (3) Solder a capacitor between the slider, and the ground end of the Throttle Potentiometer. Suggest an electrolytic @ 10V, observer polarity -- neg end to ground.You can go with quite a big value .. say try 220 MF, or even 1000 MF.Unlike control surfaces, you can damp the hell out of the throttle -- you will have to go to an extreme to have any significant effect on engine acceleration, especially with a turbine !!

Answers: 1: Maybe i'm gonna try, if I can't find any other solution. 2: Dont know how to do it. 3: Again, Don't know how to do it I could try to buy the Goflight Throttle but the problem is the tax. The tax from US to Denmark is around 60-80%. The throttle would then cost around 450$ :-( and that's way to much