Sign in to follow this  
mgh

No longer seeking information

For what its worth, there seems to be a group of FS users that feel the "need" to chime in here despite having no interest in X-Plane. Repeatedly. lol From what I have seen, any "hostility" conveyed by Commercial Developers here usually stems from people attacking them to begin with. Same with the FSX forum.
Couldn't have said it better. iStock_000003827645XSmall1.jpg

Even though I don't buy into the whole X-Plane superior flight model thing. As I said before, I think both Sims methods have the ability to produce a decent flight model, it mostly depends on the quality of the developer. I do have to say that whenever I did have a question about X-Plane, both Goran, and Morten, has been very helpful to me, and I thank them for that.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Even though I don't buy into the whole X-Plane superior flight model thing. As I said before, I think both Sims methods have the ability to produce a decent flight model, it mostly depends on the quality of the developer. I do have to say that whenever I did have a question about X-Plane, both Goran, and Morten, has been very helpful to me, and I thank them for that.
You're very welcome, Tom. Thanks for the acknowledgement.wink.png

Also, when an Adminstrator posts his personal vierws, including criticism of my questioning, then locks the thread so he has the last word I
Yes a moderator has indeed.Thats what a moderator is for , ending a quarrel before things get out of what I call a friendly atmosphere. There are moderators who just close without giving an explanation why they did.Thats not me , I gave my personal view and closed with explanation why. This is the way I moderate and that wont change a bit.I want you guys to be friends and act accordingly.( or at least behave like you are ) If you want to fight, go elswhere. Have a nice weekend Leen

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Well said Leen. Insulting forum members that do an honest effort of trying to help you does not create a good atmosphere.Even if it they don't give you the 100% answer you were looking for, treat people with respect and gratitudefor their effort. Even politicians can do that. Cheers

+1!If you have NO interest in x plane, and only come here to criticize it, you WILL receive hostility. If what we say about it bothers you, then that is something YOU have to deal with. This is an x plane forum. We will promote x plane. Don't like it? Don't come here. I don't go to a burger king with a Mcdonalds sign around my neck saying "the burgers are better at McDonalds". So don't come here and say FSX is better than X Plane. Many FSX simmers have repeatedly come in here and vigorously defended FSX...sometimes with anger. If you choose to waste your time and get angry over a FLIGHT SIMULATOR that you don't even care about (can't believe people would do that), then you seriously need to have a look at your priorities. Guys, your anger and constant, ridiculous, petty bickering is an appalling display of immaturity and a complete waste of not only your time, but the moderators time. Fly your sim of choice. NO ONE is stopping you. You believe it's better? GOOD FOR YOU. We're happy for you. We DON'T believe it's better. But that's OUR opinion. Don't like it? Grab a tissue.

Guest bstolle
Guys, your anger and constant, ridiculous, petty bickering is an appalling display of immaturity and a complete waste of not only your time, but the moderators time.
Sigh, one of the main problems here is that when Morten and Leen are trying to calm everything down, you start the personal attacks against FSX users again.Just because many real pilots don't agree with the x-plane-is-better opinion and a few of them dare to post that, there's simply no need to insult them, regardless if this is an x-plane or FSX forum. @Morten, I always read the updates from Austin and exactly that part about spinning was the reason for me to try x-plane again at that time.Out of the box it doesn't work as expected (or advertised) but maybe with external tweaking it might be possible.Maybe the time where I will try designing for x-plane again isn't too far away, and when the time comes, I'll for sure ask you which external tools you are using to tweak the flight dynamics.

BerntPlease show me a post where an FSX user has been initially insulted.Please show me a personal attack that was NOT a retaliation.Please show me a post by an x plane user in an FSX forum where he/she has said X Plane is a better simulator.I can show you quite a few from FSX users towards X Plane users. Including you calling Morten "arrogant" (more than once) when he tried to explain many areas of the x plane flight model.ENJOY YOUR HOBBY. Don't like x plane? Don't come here. It's not rocket science.

Sigh, one of the main problems here is that when Morten and Leen are trying to calm everything down, you start the personal attacks against FSX users again.Just because many real pilots don't agree with the x-plane-is-better opinion and a few of them dare to post that, there's simply no need to insult them, regardless if this is an x-plane or FSX forum. @Morten, .
they do see what they are doing ... for some its always the other guy

Guest bstolle

@Goran Have you really read my post? You are completely missing the point. Suggest to re-read it as it was only focused on the fact that you are starting that attacking and insulting all over again.If you think it's all about 'initial insults' & 'retaliation' then this forum unfortunately has to be considered as hostile territory for FSX users.

@Goran Have you really read my post? You are completely missing the point. Suggest to re-read it as it was only focused on the fact that you are starting that attacking and insulting all over again.If you think it's all about 'initial insults' & 'retaliation' then this forum unfortunately has to be considered as hostile territory for FSX users.
If you consider it hostile territory, then why would you continue to come here??your "sigh" said more than the whole post.I DON'T want to start the attacks again. Have you really read MY post. I was saying quit the petty bickering. Stop wasting time in a forum that doesn't interest you. Where am I starting this all again? My comments were meant to be a transition to some normalicy in this ridiculous and pointless arguing. Even Tom gave Morten and myself credit for helping him when he had questions. And by the way, I can tell you what external program Morten is using to tweak the flight model. Because I'm using the same thing.It's called Gizmo and is a LUA based programming tool developed by a programmer who works under the same company I do.

If you consider it hostile territory, then why would you continue to come here??your "sigh" said more than the whole post.I DON'T want to start the attacks again. Have you really read MY post. I was saying quit the petty bickering. Stop wasting time in a forum that doesn't interest you. Where am I starting this all again? My comments were meant to be a transition to some normalicy in this ridiculous and pointless arguing. Even Tom gave Morten and myself credit for helping him when he had questions. And by the way, I can tell you what external program Morten is using to tweak the flight model. Because I'm using the same thing.It's called Gizmo and is a LUA based programming tool developed by a programmer who works under the same company I do.
Ah..........................But you know what gets my mind....to start typing here... It's the FSX is very pretty stuff..................but as a certified pilot, X-Plane has what's more important to me...............claims... We're just on a re-buttle to those claims. That's all... :) Personally, I can live with both sims. Just not that notion. L.Adamson

Take it easy Goran, think we all have learned a couple things fromthe last few topics here, so lets not start all over again with who did what in the past. I love a heated flightmodel discussion, but lets quit the personal crap. M

Guest bstolle
I love a heated flightmodel discussion, but lets quit the personal crap.
+1 :(

Take it easy Goran, think we all have learned a couple things fromthe last few topics here, so lets not start all over again with who did what in the past. I love a heated flightmodel discussion, but lets quit the personal crap. M
That's all you OR I ever want.