Sign in to follow this  
XCLTM3

NGX & Nvidia 3D!

Hi all, since joining on the NGX train (ooops...I mean Plane) just over a week ago I noticed that nobody had discussed the NGX in terms of 3D. I'd like to report that the NGX in 3D is completely and utterly immersive. Coupled with EZCA and it kills. I've been simming since 1990, and it would not be inaccurate to say I've been waiting for this immersive Flight Sim (desktop) experience since then. Finally, it has been delivered with this product. If anyone else out there has been going full 3D give us a honk and let us know your thoughts andexperience. I'm running Win7-64bit, 1920x1080 Full HD. GTX 460 1Gb. 8 Gb RAM. 3 x 250 gb Raptor Drives. Quad Core 3.4 Ghz CPU. Frame rates with Gamebooster 3 enabled, nVidia Inspector, GPU OC'd to 815/2000 and my frames are sitting at around avg 15 (I'm mainly flying the FTXAussie airports which are pretty intensive CPU wise). I'll upgrade CPU soon to over 4Ghz and see how things run (or don't run). Anyhow, thought I'd let you all know this product ROCKS in 3D! Well done PMDG! You're the Benchmark! The NGX is the new standard in commercial flight simming! Rgds, XCL

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

Couple Sony OLED VR, TrackIR... can it be done? Gonne be real 3D? Imagine the sight... awwwww...... I'd get it in an instant if it works 100% without any compromise.Only downside, no sight of the keyboard... but you can use the mouse to click around though! I know where my joystick buttons are and also know where my throttle is...

I'd like to report that the NGX in 3D is completely and utterly immersive
I can only imagine that the single most immersive piece of this NGX in 3D must be the HUD. (just a guess)

Update us please.. I am looking for a 3D monitor.Hope its worth it:)
Hi Artur, I recently purchased the brand new release Acer Monitor HN274H 3D - 27 inch. Full res @ 1920 x 1080. Overall, I'm pleased with it and the graphics display. There is always some issues whether they be minor/majorin relation to things such as "ghosting" and other artifacts, and occassionally depending on the situation and the game, you see such things. In my case, overall I'm more than pleased with the results. I can say that it would be almost unthinkable to go back to 2D within any of the games I have. FSX is no exception to this. Once you're bitten by the 3D bug......it's over. As I pointed out in my original post, the immersion in the NGX flightdeck is unsurpassable. I have the LDS767, AIrbus X A320, PMDG 747-400 and they're all fine in 3D. But there is a huge distinction once you're in the NGX for overallrealism. Couple that with excellent looking scenery, then hills, mountains, rivers, beaches all come to life in a more real feel. If you have EZCA, this just elevates the realism beyond comprehension. I would have no hesitation in recommending any person flying FSX to jump into 3D..........there's no going back to 2D after that. Rgds, XCL
I can only imagine that the single most immersive piece of this NGX in 3D must be the HUD. (just a guess)
Hi Michael, yes the HGS comes through with a "wow" factor attached. But the NGX overall, smashes the competition. I would not want to be a rival developer to PMDG right now.......the true immersion in that flightdeck is incomparable to anything I've seen in FSX to date. You have to truly see it / experience it to believe it. I can't even post screen shots to let the pictures tell the story..............for obvious reasons. Rgds, XCL
Couple Sony OLED VR, TrackIR... can it be done? Gonne be real 3D? Imagine the sight... awwwww...... I'd get it in an instant if it works 100% without any compromise.Only downside, no sight of the keyboard... but you can use the mouse to click around though! I know where my joystick buttons are and also know where my throttle is...
Hi Word Not Allowed, yeah, I hear the OLED's are a new technology and self light emitting with better color and speed.........how do we keep up with all the new gadgets!? I have the TIR, but don't always use it...particularly since EZCA. Rgds, Steve

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

Hi Word Not Allowed, yeah, I hear the OLED's are a new technology and self light emitting with better color and speed.........how do we keep up with all the new gadgets!? I have the TIR, but don't always use it...particularly since EZCA. Rgds, Steve
Quite, coming out in December. 800€ for a piece. Quite a huge price, but they can, as this is the first of its kind.What I'd rather like is Full-HD in that screen. Or even more resolution... technology is going forward, so it's just a matter of time. Using EZCA on VR glasses would be stupid... rather turn your head and see what you like. It turns with you anyway. And you can set up even for less head-turn...

I have the Samsung TA950 3D/LED/monitor, can I set it up as well, I've tried the Nvidia 3D, but it only worked in a smaller resolution, 1024 maybe. How can I try the NGX in 3D?

hello i have a nvida gtx260 1GB and a 1920-1200 hd screen, i have not touched any nvida setting so am i getting the 3d effects by default?JAMES

James, do you see your NGX cockpit in 3d? Probably not. Have you ever seen a movie in 3d? In this case you need 3d glasses plus 3d compatible monitor (refresh rate must be high enough).

hello i have a nvida gtx260 1GB and a 1920-1200 hd screen, i have not touched any nvida setting so am i getting the 3d effects by default?JAMES
Hi James, as Michal pointed out there are a few things that you need to do: 1. Ensure you have a 3D capable monitor with the appropriate refresh rate (usually 120Hz)2. Make sure your Graphics card is 3D capable3. Make sure you download the nVidia latest 3D driver4. Make sure you have the 3D glasses That's pretty much your checklist to go 3D. You will never look back at 2D again. PS: I didn't point out that the only real "irk" I have about FSX in 3D is the fact that night lighting in scenery SUCKS......ie when the developers were building it they didn't code the lights correctly for 3D and hence when taxiing around an airport or coming in for landing the lights do not match up to there actual positions. At first, this can be annoying, but after a few flights and trials you learn to deal with it. But pretty much everything else is SPECATCULAR! Rgds, XCL

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

Someone made a 3D thread not long ago, not sure how far back it is now... so it has been touched on a bit here.

I have the Samsung TA950 3D/LED/monitor, can I set it up as well, I've tried the Nvidia 3D, but it only worked in a smaller resolution, 1024 maybe. How can I try the NGX in 3D?
Hi Zsolt, I would recommend saving/spending the money on an updated Monitor capable of providing you with a higher resolution. Alternatively, make sure your nVidia driver (ie 3D) is the latest - - from memory its at version 270 now. You may be able to get higher res on your current monitor with some tweaking and an updated driver. Just do some research on the web for your monitor in 3D (if you haven't done so yet). Good Luck! Rgds, XCL

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

What about the FSX lighting issue (runway/taxiway lights)? I think I read somewhere that there is some kind of issue with that wrt 3D? I'm getting the Samsung TA950 3d sometime soon I like it because it portable, HDTV and slim. Can anyone comment on it? I know it doesn't support nVidia 3D (yet?)

PMDG-777-EK-SIG-MAY1713-2_zps6f2ed2be.pn

Chidiebere Anyahara

Can anyone comment on it?
XCL does comment on it above.But I was reading on it recently that there was some remedy for it, whether true or not I can't gurantee it.