Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

toby23

Looking for ambient airport sounds

I am looking for an add-on that adds ambient airport sounds.I saw a video on youtube which included some sounds from FDC Live Cockpit, which was great but I am not looking for a co-pilot and I don't fly heavies. Are there any add-ons that add realistic background sounds when you're on the ground?If you own it, what do you think of Flight1's Environment Sound Pack? Thanks,Toby

With the Flightdeck SFX Panel (FDSFX), you can add any sound effects you want in various sound formats. It comes with a terminal and airport background sounds in the package, but as mention you can add more for variety. Works in FSX. File is here in AVSIM library: fdsfxpnl.zip

FSX Acceleration.I bought F1's Audio Environment and that's great.I will also try Flightdeck's SFX panel.Thanks for the tips.

I'm interested in Flight1 Audio Environment also for some time now but once I read it screws something up in FSX or it's incompatible with something and I think the guy had to reinstall FSX.. the thing is that I forgot the details about it and now I'm just reluctant to buy it. I have just too many addons to mess something up.. I would have to leave my job to reinstall everything ph34r.png

I have had AE since it came out, no issues at all. It is like any software, follow instructions on how to set it up and it's fine. If it screwed up fsx as you stated, it would be a well known fact.

I'm not saying it's a fact I just read about some user had major problems and that's the reason I didn't buy it yet. It was probably nothing but as I said, I'm just not in to mood to take chances.. yet :)