Sign in to follow this  
Gazzareth

Going Direct / Not in Database

I have had a problem going "Direct" to waypoints that are in my flightplan, this has happened on multiple flights. When I have taken off following the runway heading, then make the turn towards my first waypoint. Go into "Legs" and click on the first waypoint and I always seem to get "Not in Database" - even though it evidently is (being in the flightplan), I also get the same for other waypoints in my route... Later in the flight however it seems that I can click on the waypoint or others in the route without the error coming up. Not sure if this is a bug, or something I am doing wrong. Any suggestions appreciated. G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

The first waypoints may actually be vector headings or something along those lines...especially in SID's and such.

The first waypoints may actually be vector headings or something along those lines...especially in SID's and such.
This was my first thought as well - you can't go direct to a psuedo or "floating" waypoint like (1550FT), (PXR-9), (INTC), (VECTOR) etc... these aren't absolutely defined locations over the ground, they're conditional waypoints whose location when they're sequenced depends on the current position/state of the airplane.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Are you trying to line select it to the scratchpad ?Why ??
If you line select the first wp and 'put it on top' the FMC will calculate a direct route to that wp.

Ed Haslam

This was my first thought as well - you can't go direct to a psuedo or "floating" waypoint like (1550FT), (PXR-9), (INTC), (VECTOR) etc... these aren't absolutely defined locations over the ground, they're conditional waypoints whose location when they're sequenced depends on the current position/state of the airplane.
This is without using a SID, the first waypoint when I have been trying this is just a intersection. Last night's example was coming out of KMFR - since I was having a problem with the DIRECT I didn't use the SID so I could see if I could get it to work. Route was::: KMFR DREWS J1.ALDER KRNT Take off from runway 32, then once clear of the terrain clicked on the key to select DREWS - Not in Database (wouldn't even copy it to the scratchpad), tried with BTG & ALDER as well and got the same response. Later in the flight, click on them without an issue, and modify the route without a problem as well... Seems quite confusing as to why it will do it later in the flight, but not straight after takeoff. I will try it again next flight and see if I can work out exactly when it starts working.. G

I've seen that happen too. Just once though, and haven't been able to reproduce it. Hope you get it sorted.

I've seen that happen too. Just once though, and haven't been able to reproduce it. Hope you get it sorted.
It worked fine on my next flight - so there seems to be some sort of inconsistency to it. G