Sign in to follow this  
johnboy007007

Adding saitek panels

I have bought the usual saitek add ons i.e. a yoke, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, and does`nt seem to have caused my motherboard any problems. Im now thinking of starting to buy panels to add to my flight sim experience, like a multi panel and a switch panel to name a few, but im worried that these are going to put a strain on my pc, am I right to think this or are my worries un-founded.

Johnnyboy I would highly recommend that you get yourself a good quality Powered USB Hub (not only USB cable but external power adapter) to connect your panels to. Connecting to a USB-only hub or the USB ports from your motherboard will most certainly cause you problems. A powered hub is the only way to go. Another thing. Don't use the Saitek drivers for the panels. Instead google "SPAD drivers for Saitek Panels" and download them for free. They are far better than the Saitek ones. Other than that I think you should be ok. Good luck.

I have the radio panel and it works flawlessly. As said, use SPAD drivers and a powered hub and you should be good. I wanted to add in case you weren't aware that anything other than the radio will not have 100% functionality in all add-on planes. This is not due to Saitek but just that many addons don't use the standard FSX SDK for all operations, especially features like autopilot and engine operations. Note that all default planes and most GA category planes should have better rates as more of them use the SDK. However, if you can delve into LUA script and FSUIPC you may be able to get most of them working with most planes. Note that as far as I know every add-on plane uses the standard radio interface which is why the radio panel is a good buy as it should work with them all.

Do the SPAD drivers work for the Saitek Backlit Information Panel (BIP)?

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Guest Id Rather Be Flying

I have all the Saitek panels and I had the BIP for a short while but returned it as it has issues on what gets lit and when on different aircraft. Would have been nice to keep just for the Parking Brake illumination as I have that turned off on the main monitor display but I just couldn't keep it as I was dissatisfied to the incorrect lighting here and there. Recommendation is as well to get a POWERED good USB 2 hub with 7 ports or more. Also, I use the downloaded Saitek drives without any problems and have so for the last 6 months.

Good morning. I saw that the PMDG has released the SDK yesterday for its products. I wanted to know if the saitek update their drivers (for example the multi panel) so we can use the various hardware in aircraft as well as NGX 737 that now not working.Best regards.

I use the :-Saitek Yoke2 x Saitek Throttle QuadrantsSaitek PedalsSaitek Pro Switch Paneland although I have now sold them, I used to also use 2 x the Saitek Instrument panel things.... in addition to above. I did initially get some eratic behaviour from the axes, but was advised to do as suggested above and get a powered USB hub. I bought a powered USB hub from eBay for 12 pounds and have never looked back; works perfectly as the powered hub prevents too much juice being drained from Motherboard's main USB buss. A lot of people suffer eratic, flickering axes on the Saitek Quadrant, and often assume it's bad hardware pots (potentiometers) in the unit .......... but I have found it's more often than not that these Saitek units do like a good supply of power from the USB ....... so putting all of your Saitek hardware into a powered USB hub, then just the one cable running from the hub to the PC works perfectly.:(

Edited by Stick

If you are using the Yoke's USB ports for additional hardware make sure you have the power inverter for it. In the past they did not come with the yoke and eventually they would blow out the yoke. I had two yokes fail for this reason until Saitek admitted you must use the power inverter for it. I think they may be now included in the box, but if not I would contact them to see if they can ship one to you.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

I've got four panels (two radios, switch and multi), yoke, TQs and TPM. Have no problems. Be sure to add a powered high quality USB hub though!

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987!