Sign in to follow this  
rome

FS2Crew/NGX future updates

Hi everybody! I have 2 questions to anyone who knows or heard something about it!1. Why is FS2Crew taking so long time to relese? Any news on that? Any place to follow updates?2. Future updates for NGX. Will it be only SP's fixes or will there be some system upgrades and more simulation added? (to make NGX even better then already being the best!!!)Can't get enough of this addon!!!Regards, Roman.

On #1, FS2Crew needs the SDK for the NGX, which has not been released by PMDG yet.

software development kit. Basically the deep down stuff for the NGX, which developers need for creating products such as FS2Crew

Gents-There are a couple of things that I find amusing about these threads. (not many things- just a couple...) My points below are going to be a bit pointed- but that is because sometimes it is necessary to be pointed in order to get a point across. My apologies if this offends anyone:1) The presumption that there is a sinister reason why we are holding up the SDK. I would recommend that anyone who thinks we are holding up the SDK for nefarious reasons to please consider some counseling and medications to help alleviate these symptoms. As has been stated about 20 times since the NGX release: The SDK is being held by our legal counsel because of something ongoing that we need to protect ourselves against. (For those that would like some fodder for the conspiracy theories: There is an orginization currently testing the boundries of our EULA, and I fully anticipate we will wind up having to litigate them to protect our rights and the rights of our licensing partners. This has caused a top down review of our EULA and this takes time (And a TON of money.) When the EULA review is completed, the SDK will release.2) The presumption that I should continually repeat what I have already said or that somehow anyone is "due an explanaition upon demand:" The SDK will release when it is ready. I have no further information so I am not going to repeat myself like Rain-Man. The threads are here- please take a few moments to read them.3) For all of the rabble-rousers who would like throw darts at "Big Bad PMDG" is "screwing FS2Crew and Bryan York... (really... that is kinda funny, isn't it? As open and honest as we are with the community and there are still some who want to pretend that we're big and bad... it does make you laugh a bit. :( ): We've been working hand-in-glove with Bryan since, what, 2003? Bryan has a direct line of communication with us and even when we have disagreed- we find ways to make things work. In fact- Bryan is one of the primary motivators for us to create the SDK in the first place- and his feedback to us on the implementation has resulted in a number of improvements to the SDK already.... So please- if you want to throw darts about how we're hurting Bryan- please go sell crazy someplace else... We're all stocked up here.Now- for all of the rational folks in the conversation- you'll have read the following before: We're still waiting on some feedback- but I don't know precisely when we'll get it- which means I still don't have an ETA for this thing.... When I have more information- I'll pass it along.Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gifPrecision Manuals Development Grouphttp://www.precisionmanuals.com