Sign in to follow this  
JeroenK

Has anybody signed up for the AoA training?

I noticed that the info on the AoA website w.r.t. their NGX training has not changed since the NGX was released.They state on the website that only one training module has been completed, that the others will take several months to complete and that training will start in 10-14 days (?)Has anybody signed up with AoA for the NGX training and if so, could he/she pls. let us know what AoA is communicating to it's trainees w.r.t. the availability of the other NGX training modules and if the quality of the finished module is as good as they claim it is. Thanks!

I have signed up for the captains package. They have indicated that the next lesson would be out next week, they are communicating via audio blogs. The lighting module was both comprehensive and easy to understand.

Ian R Tyldesley

Me too, one thing though, they will stop their discounted price for the captain's package as soon as 6/700 is out. If you are wanting to get the captain's package or have a good chance of getting it, I suggest you'd do it soon. This week, they just released their set of cockpit posters, probably soon to be used for their lessons.

Brendan Chen

Learning to use and getting use to FSX!

Yeah, the panel drawings will be used in the upcoming caution/warning systems video.I've signed up because I knew I'd want it, might as well get to watch the videos as soon as they're out in stead of waiting.

Did they finally add at least english subtitles to their videos ?It was suggested by some users in order to help those who not perfectly understand some spoken english, and I agree with that as it would be helpfull.

Did they finally add at least english subtitles to their videos ?It was suggested by some users in order to help those who not perfectly understand some spoken english, and I agree with that as it would be helpfull.
The videos currently do not have subtitles, but they have english & spanish downloadable transcripts.

The videos currently do not have subtitles, but they have english & spanish downloadable transcripts.
OK thanks, I think it is enough, and probably the easiest and fastest way to provide some help.

Yeah, adding in subtitles would only delay the production process. Something very few people would appreciate.

About subtitles. The team tried to add them directly to the movies but that effort didn't work so far. They didn't want to spend much time on trying to solve that issue as they are focussing on new videos production. So for now it will be scripts that are available in English, Spanish, French and I also hear German and Portugese. I know some of the translations are ready but things are too crazy for Chris right now to post them. But this is done so that the community can enjoy the knowledge they are delivering to a full extent and maybe subtiltles will be implemented in the future.

Much as I really enjoyed, and I mean REALLY enjoyed the MD-11 training, I was rather hoping that the AoA training for the NGX would be faster to 'hit the streets'. Before you all jump on me, I KNOW they were late getting an aircraft to work with. It's just the longer it takes, the less I for one, actually need it.

@Dougal: that's actually why I asked in the first place. The longer it takes for them to complete the training modules, the more likely it will be that we will have collected the information covered in the training modules from other sources. No doubt less well presented maybe, but still. I was just wondering whether it was still worth while to sign up for the AoA training. To be honest, I don't know yet Thinking.gif

Much as I really enjoyed, and I mean REALLY enjoyed the MD-11 training, I was rather hoping that the AoA training for the NGX would be faster to 'hit the streets'. Before you all jump on me, I KNOW they were late getting an aircraft to work with. It's just the longer it takes, the less I for one, actually need it.
+1 Douglas, you make a very good point. -- "the longer it takes, the less one actually NEEDS it" Timing is everything ...

I signed up for MD11 training after I was "flying" it for a year... Still I dont regret it - learned a lot and found out many interesting facts. So I would vote for... give it a try Jeroen! :)