Sign in to follow this  
inkychris

Cold and Dark - Startup

Could someone tell me how to load the 737 NGX in cold and dark? I made a save of it in this state and made it default but the "initialising" green bar thing starts up the plane anyway. I found out that you can load the plane through the "addons" tab however I have never had this tab and cannot seem to make it appear. Any help much apprieciated!!!

You have to let the NGX load up completely thru the 20 second countdown. THEN go to the CDU, select PMDG load panel state, then cold and dark start. It will go thru another 20 second countdown initialization.

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

Could someone tell me how to load the 737 NGX in cold and dark? I made a save of it in this state and made it default but the "initialising" green bar thing starts up the plane anyway. I found out that you can load the plane through the "addons" tab however I have never had this tab and cannot seem to make it appear. Any help much apprieciated!!!
And you don't need to save a cold & dark profile, as there is already one in the CDU aircraft menu.

If you look in the PMDG options in the CDU, you should find it in the panel state. As long as you don't get a fatal error upon closing flightsim, it should save your configuration.

If you look in the PMDG options in the CDU, you should find it in the panel state. As long as you don't get a fatal error upon closing flightsim, it should save your configuration.
Ah! that seems to have worked, thank you!

Ah! that seems to have worked, thank you!
You're welcome! Glad I could help.

All of that information is clearly described in the introduction manual that came with the NGX. I always wonder why people don't, at least, read that, when they've spent money on the product. Unless, of course, they don't have the documentation for some reason.

Dave

Dave Paige