Sign in to follow this  
namida

T/D jumps after hotfix #4

Everytime I fly after hotfix #4, T/D on ND moves a few miles back and forth rapidly.I resintalled FSX yesterday(clean reinstall with shaders folder, fsx and roaming folders, etc), and flew with NGX and ASE only.Even I set weather to clear skies, the result is same. Any advices for solution? a0gv.gif

I have had the same thing occasionally happen and I have HF3 installed. In the CDU display for the FMC the miles to TOD also flashes on the relevant page.

It looks like it wants to descend at that waypoint, but won't start during a turn (causing it to flip from before the turn to after & back). I dunno if that's proper behavior or not. Does it do the same thing when your t/d is in a straight leg between waypoints?Edit: does it do that for any length of time or only a minute or two?

Yes I've seen the same thing in HF4, only in 1 flight out of 4 so far though.

Cheers, Andy.

I've had this a few times before HF4, so it's not related to the fix. Once I fly past the T/D the calculation "calmed" down.

Everytime I fly after hotfix #4, T/D on ND moves a few miles back and forth rapidly.I resintalled FSX yesterday(clean reinstall with shaders folder, fsx and roaming folders, etc), and flew with NGX and ASE only.Even I set weather to clear skies, the result is same. Any advices for solution?
Could you provide more information about your flight plan including as much detail as possible (route, cruise ALT, way point restrictions, etc).

I'll happily give information for dev team.Actually, I've flown about 10 times after hotfix 4 and catched this 5~6 times. I couldn't saw other flights when it passes T/D.This happens rarely before hotfix 4. I'm not sure it is related with "curve" near T/D though, for the image I linked is happened with this route.RJFF HAKATA2.34 DGC G339 PSN A582 BITUX Y53 GOTLO G585 KAKSO KAKSO2U.34 RKSIFL380, and I always use theese : CI 40, 1/3 Fuel. And ASE. I set clear weather after saw this jump, it still jumps.Every restrictions are not modified or deleted. I follow every restrictions even NO DES PATH AFTER XXX message.No anti-ice(I never use anti-ice.. my shame, but really don't know when to on when to off..) all other conditions were normal. p.s. Well, this is another one, but seems related with this.When I depart with deep curved SID includes (INTC) procedure, the ND circling line is jumping between smaller and larger ones.Eventually NGX draws middle of these two jumpy lines.

I don't think it's Hotfix related. I have seen this with NGX V1.00. Looked to me it was recalculating T/D due wind speed and directional shifts.

Yeah but it was mentioned as being fixed in one of the first hot-fixes if I remember reading it correctly.

Cheers, Andy.

On the Cruise page, does the distance to T/D jump back and forth as well?

Matt Cee

@Andydigital, If that's the case, I guess they need to have another look at it.
Yeah that's if I read it correctly it may not even have been the same issue, I think it was though.
I believe the last time I looked at this yes the TOD distance changed on the progress page as well as the predicted altitudes on the LEGS page, they were constantly shifting back and forth. I don't think my TOD point had a curve/turn in the route waypoint either.

Cheers, Andy.

Yes. I looked closely PROG 2/2 page for wind and LEGS, CRZ pages, Every T/D related values were jumping.BUT, at that point, no wind direction or speed changed. Moreover, I don't think even 100knot of wind doesn't make this.I saw many many times NGX starting descend normally with strong wind..