Sign in to follow this  
roarkr

Opencockpit MCP with PMDX 737NGX READY

Hi RoarDid you get my file?Thx Ian

Ian C. McCulloch

'What would one do without Malt Whisky? Slainte Mhath'

It only can get better

Roarkgreat job, just did a testflight lfpg-eham and everything was working fine, No more unwanted reactions (like ctrl pushes or pitch inverted) and also the cmd B button and light came up perfectly on autoland catIII ILS27.Like fabrice i noticed indeed the reversal of vertical speed dial. Will see if i can find that in LUA myself and correct to learn how this works.BTW is there also a improved EFIS script?

Hi RoarDid you get my file?Thx Ian
No I haven't received any file.rgs
Thanks Roar, your script works very well. The only thing I noticed for now is that the Vertical Speed selction is inverted (positive rate when moving the wheel up and negative rate moving the wheel down).But very good job on the rotaries!
OK,I will fix that after getting more inputs.rgs

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3

Hi RoarI sent it via PM. Will send you another PMThx IanEditI sent it now via PM again

Edited by ICMC

Ian C. McCulloch

It only can get better

Hi Roar, John and the rest of you guys. I haven't been onto the forums here for a while so imagine my surprise when I saw this thread started by Roar. Since I started buying items for my cockpit nearly four years ago now, I have stuck with the OpenCockpit p&p modules and panels. I had the MCP, VHF, NAV and TCAS working fine with the default 737. I have not got a clue regarding sioc so I read this thread with quite some anticipation and it seems that many of you have been rewarded by the efforts of those concerned.I downloaded the latest MCP files that Roar presented to us and followed what was suggested in the acompanying readme text. I fired up FSX and loaded the NGX but nothing. The MCP works through the compiler - or at least the buttons and encoders are recognised but I cant get it to link with the NGX.Over the years I have added new scripts to the sioc.ini file with my latest efforts of trying to get my flaps gauge working.The first question that I have is this, have I got too many scripts? I am sure some are now redundant so would this in anyway confuse sioc or cause some modules to fail. I have still got the CDU and EFIS to sort out as well in the future. Now we seem to have the facility to link the OC modules to the NGX, I will not be needing the scripts for the defaulf aircraft any more so would it be worth my while to to uninstall all my sioc scripts, files and folders and start agian from scratch or should I persevere with trying to use these latest scripts 'as is'.

GaryDon't throw anything out (yet) :Money Eyes:How many scripts are in your directory is of no importance however start by putting the mcp ssi only in the sioc.ini.Also remember that you need the accompaning LUA file in the modules folder of fsx and that LUA file in fsuipc4.ini.That in fact does it.Don't try to have everything working at once would be my advise.Have one working and start building it up.I am off to another flight eham-lebl to test the mcp only through roark's work.Building a home cockpit is tedious work. try something, test carefully and then add something more.

Roar,I just finished my first complete flight (EDDT-EDDF) with your new script, and I have just one thing to say:THANK YOU !!!!That's a complete new experience using the MCP. No need to remind that I have to turn the rotaries slowly, no more interferences with FSX or RC4 due to shared key combination, that's perfect!Just one more minor thing I noticed during approach: when selecting VOR LOC, the VOR LOC led does not light up.Again, thank you! Now, I'm dreaming of a new script for the EFIS... ;-)

Edited by Fabrice

Fabrice Lambert

Hi RoarDid you get my FSUIPC file this time?Thx Ian

Ian C. McCulloch

It only can get better

Why can't I get this to work???Anyone that can help me out here?Thx Ian

Ian C. McCulloch

It only can get better

Roar,I just finished my first complete flight (EDDT-EDDF) with your new script, and I have just one thing to say:THANK YOU !!!!That's a complete new experience using the MCP. No need to remind that I have to turn the rotaries slowly, no more interferences with FSX or RC4 due to shared key combination, that's perfect!Again, thank you! Now, I'm dreaming of a new script for the EFIS... ;-)
+1My flight eham-lebl went fine.a 1000 times thanks for your effort roark. I am back to the pmdg 737NGx.And like fabrice i am looking forward to a combined mcp/efis script but rest assured you made me a happy flyer already Edited by killerbee1958

Hi,Still no FSUIPC4.ini file in your PM to be today.DO you have the paid version of FSUIPC4 ?If so, what lines have you below the[Auto]and[LuaFiles]headings in the FSUIPC4.ini file?It should be at least[Auto]1=lua NGXMCP_202and[LuaFiles]1=NGXMCP_202rgs

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3

IanCan you do the following just tt understand where the problem is.Make a printscreen of the started sioc and also try the sioc monitor in that window.That brings up another window where you can select the device (double click on it) and if the device is working ok you should be able to see all switches and dials change their respective number when operated. If that is working we know the device and sioc script is fine and we should start looking from there Edited by killerbee1958

Hi FredI have done that and any switch I use or dial I turn shows up in the SIOC Monitor. They change colour to green and white.My SIOC looks the same as on top with Francky. I would copy it in if I knew how to do it . I copied the SIOC but cannot add this to the post.Thx Ian

Ian C. McCulloch

It only can get better

Ian,Oke so we can safely assume that your sioc is working (hardware/software and script)So let's check downstream.Please answer the questions as asked by roar K in his last post (do you have registred version of fsuipc, latest version and what entries are in fsuipc4.ini)?

Ian,The sioc and fsuipc from franky are for a EFIS module. If you indeed have exact the same names as Francky that wouldn't work.So i am surprised your mcp is working with that efis.ssi.But still if it is working forget about sioc.ini for a moment. The problem is in fsuipc or LUA (which get both called through fsuipc4.ini so that is what we need to look atTo copy/paste your fsupic4.ini shouldn't be a problemGo to my computer, select the drive where fsx is, select the modules folder and open fsuipc4.ini with wordpad (i am assuming you have a english version win7).With fsuipc4.ini in wordpad select the lines with the left mouse and now click right mouse and select copy.Go back to the browser window where you started to edit your postPut the cursor where you want it and with right mouse select pasteOr is above procedure also abracadabra to you???

Edited by killerbee1958