Sign in to follow this  
roarkr

Opencockpit MCP with PMDX 737NGX READY

HI,Opencockpit MCP script for PMDG 737 NGX is now updated.What is fixed?1. VORLOC Led on OP MCP didn't light up when selected.2. VERT SPEED selector on OP MCP gave DN instead of UP changes to NGX3. CWSB didn't functionAll issues have been solved in the LUA file.A new LUA file can be downloaded here: https://docs.google....jU5MmRiNmQ1NzliGo to the right on the Google doc page and download the updated LUA!!The version number is the same so you don't need to do anything else than replace the old LUA file with this one in FSXModules folder.A new updated version of Opencockpit EFIS script ( both ssi and LUA file) will be release in a day or 2.Happy autopiloting!
Alberto, hope this helps.

HiI have just uploaded a new Opencockpits MCP and EFIS script file to AVSIM.It should be available soon. Search for "Opencockpit", in the AVSIM library.This new zip file now have ssi files for standalone MCP and EFIS modules as well as a combined MCP and EFIS ssi file for those that have both Opencockpits units.It also have a new installation guide and a sioc.ini file to minimize troubles during installations.rgs,Roar

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3

Hi Alberto.As you can gather by all my posts here, I am not the one to try and give you any advice on sioc but in relation to the the Captains FD - When I start up the NGX, whether cold and dark or running, the FD is always in the on position. A quick flick on the OC MCP resets it. I can live with that. It may just be a quirk with the NGX.In relation to the VS wheel, I do remember reading somewhere in this thread that someone else also had that problem but If I recall, the latest .ssi and lua had been fixed by Roar to combat that problem - I may be wrong.Fred and John, I wish I knew. I uninstalled both SIOC and FSUIPC and re-installed and the problem still persisted. I sent Roar the sioc and fsuipc .ini folders and it was the sioc.ini that was the problem. The .ini that he sent back to me onwas literally bare bones so there was obviously an entry in mine that caused a conflict some where.If Roar reads this then he may be able to expand on exactly what the problem was.
Hi,There was a faulty reference to the ssi file in the config_file statement that is needed to start the correct sioc script.rgs

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

Thanks roarkr!!The VERTICAL SPEED wheel now works fine, but the Captain FD still is in ON position in Cold & Dark...small issue that I can live with it :Peace:Thanks again for your great work.For bussgarfield...thanks for your posts and helps, I didn't answer to you cause I was waiting for new roarkr scripts, but I appreciate your interest.Alberto Sánchez

Edited by AHS334A

but the Captain FD still is in ON position in Cold & Dark
Hi AlbertoIf you start the NGX without your hardware connected the FD switch will be On anyway. Well it is for me. So this is the NGX doing that not your MCP.You could (I think) manage that by clicking Off the FD and Save that Panel State as your Cold and Dark panel state in the NGX.

Hi Crapkpin,Thanks for your answer, I will check it and tell you...but I would swear the NGX starts with FD switch to OFF and when the FSUIPC is execute then it turns to ON...but let me see it and will tell you...and will try to save the panel state as you say.Thanks.Alberto Sánchez

Edited by AHS334A

I have noticed the captain's fd switch on after the latest version of lua files.Before the captain f/d would be off and would switch on with the mcp hardware switch,Now it is indeed on (even starting cold and dark) and it needs a on/off/on toggle and then it works.Nothing i am bothered with but just as a remark so maybe roar can easier think of where it is caused.Will try with the switch to off and then resave cold and dark. (but please note i have not been saving cold and dark inbetween)

Hi,I've tried to turn the switch OFF and then save the panel state but it doesn't work...it still turning to ON while Initialising System.My switch turns always to ON even with the MCP hardware not connected.As I told in my first post with the first version of lua file the FD switch worked fine.I would say it is a little issue of 2nd version of lua file (or something that interacts with NGX) cause if I replace the original FSUIPC.ini the FD swith stay in OFF position (with or without MCP hardware connected)Alberto Sánchez

Hi,I've tried to turn the switch OFF and then save the panel state but it doesn't work...it still turning to ON while Initialising System.My switch turns always to ON even with the MCP hardware not connected.As I told in my first post with the first version of lua file the FD switch worked fine.I would say it is a little issue of 2nd version of lua file (or something that interacts with NGX) cause if I replace the original FSUIPC.ini the FD swith stay in OFF position (with or without MCP hardware connected)Alberto Sánchez
Hi,,Find this code (almost in the beginning) in your NGXMCP lua file:----------------------------------------val = ipc.readUB("66E4")if val == ipc.readUB("66E4") and ipc.readLvar('ngx_switch_378_a') == 100 thenipc.control(70010, 536870912)ipc.control(70010, 131072)else if val == 0 and ipc.readLvar('ngx_switch_378_a') == 0 thenipc.control(70010, 536870912)ipc.control(70010, 131072)endend-----------------------------------------andreplace with this code:if ipc.readUB("66E4") == 1 and ipc.readLvar('ngx_switch_378_a') == 100 thenipc.control(70010, 536870912)ipc.control(70010, 131072)else if ipc.readUB("66E4") == 0 and ipc.readLvar('ngx_switch_378_a') == 0 thenipc.control(70010, 536870912)ipc.control(70010, 131072)endendThis should fix it. Please test to see if t works on your setup and report if you encounter other problems or if it doen't fix it . I will change this in a later update, but use this in the meantime.rgs

Hi,I have tested the entired start up and it seems every thing worked fine.Until next weekend I will not fly a complete flight but i guess everything will work.Many thanks again for your great job roarkr.Alberto Sánchez

I've kinda lost track of all the updates and changes -- is there a complete package for download now that's known to be OK?In any case, thanks for your efforts, roarkr!

EllenSeach in the avsim file libary for Opencockpit and you should be able to pick up all required files.If you require a combined ssi for the OC MCP and EFIS please see Crankpin's updateat Feb 5th 11:57 PM.With this SSI i got the mcp and efis working together. (sioc.ini and fsuipc.ini and lua flies retrieved from avsim file libary)

I have tested the updated lua also and indeed everything is working fine now. Captain's FD switch starts in the off position
You guys are killing me!!...I've tried everything (most recent files from AVSIM) and now I can get the MCP to light up all "0's" but rotaries and switches don't work...I got excited when the MCP finally lit up only to be crushed when nothing worked...aaarrrrgggg!!!!!...I'm currently running FSUIPC 4.600a...would version make any difference???...Thanks in advance!!Steve Leingang