Sign in to follow this  
beoingrocks

Orbx VehicleFlow

Today Orbx Announced VehicleFlow Coming soon to Orbx airports:- A brand new technology by Orbx developer Jorge Amengol- Fully animated ground vehicles at airports- Independent paths- Able to move at different terrain levels- Implementation of physics, i.e. tires bouncing in the back of a truck- Will be progressively implemented at existing and new Orbx airportsImagine your airports coming even further to life! Right now Orbx has given you animated people, grass, trees and audio. How about taking it further and adding cars and trucks moving around at smaller airports, and ground service equipment at larger airports? Now add physics and the ability to traverse terrain, and you will truly believe you have arrived at a living, breathing airport!Coming soon in a free patch for 1WA6 Fall City and then new Orbx airports to follow.

Still waiting for ORBX FPSFlow before I jump in.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I for one love ORBX additions (people, nature, sounds...).They remind me Bob Goldstein magnificent work (hello Emma!..), long time ago.I can understand that some folks use FSX as a learning tool and never leave the cockpit. ORBX products are not for them and everyone should respect their choice.For me a PC based flight simulator is a way to relax at home. And the magic touch added by ORBX makes this experience much more pleasant.In another hand I appreciate challenges and innovation. And here also, until now ORBX didn't disappoint me.Just my 2 אגורות (agorot) .

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

I too enjoy ORBX scenery. It's been close to 20 years since I flew a small GA aircraft and their small airports take me back to where it all started for me. As strange as it may sound, I'm actually fascinated with FSX not because of the airplanes but because of the scenery. ORBX and their silly people and trees fills my special needs. happy.png

Still waiting for ORBX FPSFlow before I jump in.
Really? I find the FPS perfectly acceptable. In most situations Im pegged at 30FPS even with very dense autogen.

Really?
You sound surprised to hear not everyone runs the best enthusiast-class hardware money can buy?

Konrad

Sounds very interresting. Hopefully they'll do an patch for KHQM or I'll have to buy me one of their great sceneries.

You sound surprised to hear not everyone runs the best enthusiast-class hardware money can buy?
It hardly takes the best hardware to get good performance out of Orbx stuff. We've got a lot of users on our forums who don't have supercomputers but are enjoying themselves immensely.

Really? I find the FPS perfectly acceptable. In most situations Im pegged at 30FPS even with very dense autogen.
NGX plus default KSEA = 25 to 30 FPS with a lot of settings high and AI.NGX plus ORBX PNW KSEA area = 15 FPS and blurry ground tiles and thats no AI and almost everything turned off.Their major hubs like YBBM and YMML are not much better performance wise and I can see why they wont be making more large airports.ORBX just isn't well suited to flying a/c that are already demanding on the sim to start with, where as other devs like FSDT make huge hubs like KLAX that still give 25 fps with the NGX. If ORBX made LAX I would be lucky to get 15 FPS with the same amount of detail.Bottom line is if you want to go camping in your sim get ORBX stuff, watch the leaves fall, listen to some dogs barking, and watch some people walk around in circles while you sit on the steps of a log cabin, or fly some g/a around the area.

It hardly takes the best hardware to get good performance out of Orbx stuff. We've got a lot of users on our forums who don't have supercomputers but are enjoying themselves immensely.
I second that. Won't fly without Orbx again. John has changed the scenery development and FSX flying forever.

...Bottom line is if you want to go camping in your sim get ORBX stuff, watch the leaves fall, listen to some dogs barking, and watch some people walk around in circles while you sit on the steps of a log cabin, or fly some g/a around the area.
Bottom line... If you enjoy airline flying at FL350 for hours on end then ORBX is not for you. wink.png For those few of us who do enjoy "camping in your sim..., watch the leaves fall, listen to some dogs barking, and watch some people walk around in circles while you sit on the steps of a log cabin, or fly some g/a around the area" then ORBX gets my $$$. ps. This isn't a THEM vs US thing, I have all the other add-on's too. Just pick and choose what works for you. There's no need for anyone to slam some developer because their work doesn't tickle your pickle. Just move on and let the others have some fun, what ever their definition of fun happens to be.

To be fair, if my bag was flying at 35,000 in an airliner, I wouldn't have spent money on FTX to start with. The whole point of FTX is VFR flying IMHO. As for 'enthusiast class' hardware.....I don't think its that fantastic but thanks anyway!

I don't agree. I rarely fly anything else than airliners, so I fly at altitude between FL250 and FL350. And yet, FTX for sure adds a whole new dimension to FSX. Even if I don't use all the GA airports, Coffs harbour, Tamworth, Melbourne, Canberra and Cairns absolutely fit my bill. And even if I weren't using OrbX airports, then the enhanced terrain is a reason in itself to get it. The OrbX textures are simply amazing.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

There's no need for anyone to slam some developer because their work doesn't tickle your pickle. Just move on and let the others have some fun, what ever their definition of fun happens to be.
No one, including me is slamming them, just pointing out my observation from the product I own. Never said the stuff doesn't look good, just wish they could invent some PerformanceFlow so that it worked better with CPU's that are under 4ghz when using complex a/c, performance is fine when flying little GA aircraft.

GA flying VFR in FSX RULES! AND ORBX makes it a totally superb experience. Stan