Sign in to follow this  
StuartMcIntyre

strange freeze then un-freeze problem

OK, I'll rephrase my post. It never freezes mine.
Don't be an &@($*. Just because it doesn't happen on your specific system doesn't mean it isn't a known issue.

Let me rephrase the above in a more neutral way: Just because one system can handle it, doesn't mean another can't. If one system can't handle the extra processing for the save, it has to scavenge resources from another program. In some cases, this is FS, and it freezes up a bit. I still think you should check for a SimConnect.cfg file in your Docs/Flight Sim X files, along with your root FSX folder. If there's one in those locations, the sim will look for whatever that SimConnect file is pointing to, which causes freezes.

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks for the suggestions, I will have a look at the simconnect file and see what I can find, if I were to delete the file would Fsx rebuild it like Fsx.cfg? Obviously I would back it up just in case! I can say with 100% certainty that it is not fsuipc that is causing the freeze as I know what those freezes are like from using autosave.dll with fs9 it will freeze for a second or so ever 15 minutes or how ever long the intervals between saves are, this problem that I will state has only happened twice since I've started flying this beast it will cycle between freezing for a second or so running for about 3 seconds then freezing again and so on. Unlike the vast interval between freezes because of fsuipc auto saving. I'm starting to wonder if it is only after a long period of flight then trying an autoland that this problem may occur as I was pushed for time doing the test. I will also reiterate the fact it is not the panel freeze, its the whole sim that gets 0 Fps, if I can work a way to replicate the issue I will take a video on my mobile to show you what I mean as using fraps etc wouldn't capture what I wish to show you. I would also like to thank you all for your help! It is very much appreciated! :)

If you aren't using a networked config, you shouldn't even have it (the base one, anyway, just named SimConnect.cfg/ini/whateverelse). Vendors, like PMDG, may have their own name attached to some sort of SimConnect file name, which you should leave alone.

Kyle Rodgers

hi kyle, ive searched my entire hard disk and there is only one file called simconnect and its in the REX folder so thats that crossed off the list, many thanks for your suggestion. unfortunitely i am still no closer to solving this issue.

hi kyle, ive searched my entire hard disk and there is only one file called simconnect and its in the REX folder so thats that crossed off the list, many thanks for your suggestion. unfortunitely i am still no closer to solving this issue.
Mate I think I know the cause of your freezes. Do you have any FSDreamteam or Cloud9 airports installed? In that case, if you fly at an airport where FSDT or Cloud9 airports are not installed (but available for buying) this is causing the exact freezes. I've had exactly the same thing before. I bought FSDT KJFK only, and after flying to KORD, LSZH and LSGG I got these exact freezes and unfreezes, because the FSDT sceneries are were not installed on those airport. So I tried some Cloud9 sceneries, like Bergen, same problem. And I tried to fly over Rome, exact same problem. (Cloud 9 XCity Rome, not airport scenery). I think this may be due to that they want you to buy these sceneries. Either delete you FSDT or Cloud9 sceneries, or installing the others will fix the problem for each of these airports/sceneries. It's not up to me if you're gonna do that legal or illegal, you decision. Please note, I think this is most likely the cause for your problem but I'm not sure. Hope this helps for you, let me know.

Has anyone tried limiting the maximum size of textures FsX loads to 2048 in the CFG file? I did and so far frames have increased, ASE is loading much more cloud layers than before, and the sim is running much more smoothly. Gideon Ward

arjenfsx you are a genius! I did a test from kmci to kmco with jfk installed and I did have the same problem, I uninstalled jfk and anything else to do with fsdt did the exact same flight again and its fixed my problem. I will never ever purchase another product from them and I will not be downloading the files illegally, (you shouldn't suggest that as an option!) Support our developers! I wish to thank everyone for their support and suggestions I may try reducing the texture size at a later date but my problem has been fixed thanks again!