Sign in to follow this  
Stephanovic

Engines dont start properly, very strange problem

Greetings,Not a dumb question. Yes, chocks removed and parking brake off. Stephen suggested letting the 20s init occur, then switch to another airport. I am going to give that a try.I feel it is not a PMDG coding issue, but something with my system or config. It did work for 3 flights right after I purchased it and it has never worked since. So I know it is capable of working correctly. I really just need to spend time digging in and troubleshooting the issue. I got discouraged and have been flying other aircraft. I think I will be up to the task today and tomorrow to try to isolate the issue.

-Todd

Had that problem one time 2-3 days ago.it happend in Billund (Denmark, Scandinavia) on vatsim. But ONLYE with the left engine. Strange. Haven't happend after.Just restarted FSX.

Bingo, got a workaround. If I load up the sim with the default Cessna (I also tried loading up an A2A aircraft as well, and it worked) and then switch to the PMDG, the engines work just fine. Tested 5 times now. I know the manual says to not do that, but specific to my system that is now required. Glad to have it solved. I also notice that this eliminates the constant two-tone bell/alarm 10 sec after adding battery power (goes silent again after getting ground or APU power). Not sure if that bell/alarm is suppose to be sounding or not. In the past I just muted my speakers until I got the APU started. Glad to see that is not sounding anymore as well. So I solved two issues today. Does not get any better than that.Hey, I have been to Billund. Visited Legoland.

-Todd

After SP1 it seems i dont have the problem anymore, did 1 test at addon VHHH and engines started the way they should.Zoolander mentioned it briefly 3 posts ago but to be more detailed; my workaround of this issue was to let the aircraft do its 20 sec initialization at a default FSX airport and then go back to any of my addon airports from where the engines then did start properly.