Sign in to follow this  
Chuck_Jodry-VJPL

Avsim Exclusive Screenshots For X-plane10

Well, for the landscape, they are not the most representative (which I say as the guy in charge of the natural landscape in the sim). In many places, the landscape already looks ... uhm ... quite good (but of course I am not neutral here smile.png ). AND, of course there are forests (even though I can't see them in the shots either).And there is one more thing, which might not be immediately obvious from the shots - but it is as soon as you fly the first time and it is partially visible in the screenshots - is the completely new atmospheric rendering (atmospheric scattering), which makes the landscape look even more real and adds a bit to the "being there" feeling.There are more cloud photos at the Facebook site of X-Plane (though, with old XP9 scenery):https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150333544711283.345752.339202526282&type=1

Looks great. As a Mac user (only keep Windoze around for FSX/FS9) it'd be great to consolidate on one OS for my simming needs. But we still haven't seen any big iron yet for X Plane that comes close to even the stuff that FS9 had 6 years ago (LDS 767, PMDG etc) and I won't be making the leap until there is. Fingers crossed eh?

Looks great. I guess the point that I was making is that X Plane has always been playing catchup in terms of systems fidelity and detail to Flight Simulator but this might change the game. Interesting stuff.

But we still haven't seen any big iron yet for X Plane that comes close to even the stuff that FS9 had 6 years ago (LDS 767, PMDG etc) and I won't be making the leap until there is. Fingers crossed eh?
What about this official preview video from some months ago (United 747-400):http://www.x-plane.com/2011/07/x-plane-10-preview-united-747-400/

X Plane has had a LOT of work to do to convince people it's a worthy flight simulator. It's only now, when Aerosoft, Carenado and a few other developers start coming over, do people start saying "Hey, what's happening here?"

The mountains don't even have trees, they are just painted on the terrain
X-Plane is currently on the final assembly line and you're seeing a collection of components, but not all the components together.....each of us has some component to add. Terrain, autogen, forests, default objects, aircraft, etc...Most of us at laminar haven't seen it all together yet. As it comes together, all the parts will be filled in. Tom Kylerxp10 aircraftxp10 airport scenery

This is directly from Austin Meyer of Laminar Research: "the CLOUD screenshots were taken with v9 scenery. Each screenshot shows 1 piece of the sim.. and they have not all come together yet." Martin Arant - Vmax Aero (consultant to Laminar Research)

.....but this might change the game. Interesting stuff.
Don't forget these guys. http://www.youtube.com/user/IXEG1 They are really pushing the limits of heavy metal simulation in x-plane and demonstrating what it can do. I think the future of heavy iron in xplane is looking pretty good and certainly the scenery engine and tools for building scenery will help get things moving too.

Would like to see some airport environments and what they've done with them.

7900X OC @ 4.8GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty X299 Professional | 2 x EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (SLI) | 32GB G.Skill DDR4 2800

Seriously, after all the hype about XP10, those are the best screenies to showcase the preview?? I really was expecting a bit of a wow factor. About as exciting as FS Hawaii so far.

Seriously, after all the hype about XP10, those are the best screenies to showcase the preview?? I really was expecting a bit of a wow factor. About as exciting as FS Hawaii so far.
I agree I wanted to see something more like this...LOL.gif

Don't forget these guys. http://www.youtube.com/user/IXEG1 They are really pushing the limits of heavy metal simulation in x-plane and demonstrating what it can do. I think the future of heavy iron in xplane is looking pretty good and certainly the scenery engine and tools for building scenery will help get things moving too.
Take a close look at the switches in that video, their modeled backwards!!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d