Sign in to follow this  
Chuck_Jodry-VJPL

Avsim Exclusive Screenshots For X-plane10

I'm impressed by autogen generation system. I'd love to see an European city though. American grid-like streets are not a challenge ;) Specular lighting on the roofs looks good too. Can't wait for more screenshots (Europe please ;) ).

Michał Puto

A2A Simulations | Blockhouse-C | Twitter

Most people who posted negative comments are totally missing the point here. I want this sim to succeed.Whistle.gif
Most people who have posted 'negative' comments have reacted to what was a front page headline of 'pre-release screenshots'. They haven't missed the point - they have merely responded to what they've seen - or more to the point - what they haven't seen. Given that we are only two months away from the scheduled release of XP, 'most people', expected to see a near finished product in a state fit to be showcased in headline fashion. That is not what those pics were. Apparently, there is MUCH more to XP10, so the next time a headline like that comes about, it should try to meet expectation.Most people, including myself, expect XP10 to blow their socks off, based on all that has been touted by the XP ######. So far, as a FSX ######, I am neither convinced nor enthused to switch or add another sim platform, based on what I've seen to date. And of course, I would like to.

I might have missed this question in previous replies. What about integration for cockpit builders? Is it possible to control the aircraft with real switches, yoke, throttles?

I'm wondering if there going to be cloud shadows on the ground implemented?If not, will it be possible for 3party devs to implement this feature?XP10 looks very promising for me.Can't wait to try it.thanks.

Sorry but don't you read the previous comments? It's only early days before all the elements are combined, none of xplane 10's terrain or trees is in these pics. Nor the ai planes. But zoom in close in the shot of the buildings, all those dynamic shadows, wow. You should keep comments positive or they'll just not post anything until release day, or even worse, keep us all in the dark like Microsoft Flight!
I want to buy that. I'm very excited about X-plane 10. But, I'm not sure I do buy it. Isn't this game scheduled to be released in 2-3 months? Yet they don't even have their terrain engine ready? I'll wait and see I guess.

I'm wondering if there going to be cloud shadows on the ground implemented?If not, will it be possible for 3party devs to implement this feature? XP10 looks very promising for me.Can't wait to try it. thanks.
X Plane 9 already has this feature as default.

X Plane 9 already has this feature as default.
WOW!Cloud shadows, sloped runways, great clouds and autogen and graphics.Now, if some 3party devs will create a great pmdg-level or similar aircrafts and custom scenery (aerosoft is going to) - what else do we need? (Oh, yes, I need an ATC - hopefully a voxATC level...)But if we get all these, that will be fantastic!

I might have missed this question in previous replies. What about integration for cockpit builders? Is it possible to control the aircraft with real switches, yoke, throttles?
That is in fact one of the things X-Plane does excel at, it has always been good at being able to interface with things externally. Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

WOW!Cloud shadows, sloped runways, great clouds and autogen and graphics.Now, if some 3party devs will create a great pmdg-level or similar aircrafts and custom scenery (aerosoft is going to) - what else do we need? (Oh, yes, I need an ATC - hopefully a voxATC level...)But if we get all these, that will be fantastic!
IIRC, Austin has stated that he has contracted a 3rd party programmer to code fully functioning, realistic ATC. There are quite a few new 3rd party add ons in development that will rival, and at the risk of being flamed, exceed the top level FSX add ons. Both in systems AND eye candy.

I want to buy that. I'm very excited about X-plane 10. But, I'm not sure I do buy it. Isn't this game scheduled to be released in 2-3 months? Yet they don't even have their terrain engine ready? I'll wait and see I guess.
Who says their terrain engine is not ready?

Most people who have posted 'negative' comments have reacted to what was a front page headline of 'pre-release screenshots'. They haven't missed the point. So far, as a FSX ######, I am neither convinced nor enthused to switch or add another sim platform, based on what I've seen to date. And of course, I would like to.
With all due respect, you have missed the point! Larimar "IS" the only other game in town. If they fail, we all lose. I sure am not putting my faith in MS for a new simulator after the FSX debacle. Screenshots mean squat! Performance is everything! By the way, I'm not a Larimar ###### as you might think ( I don't even use it), but if they do this sim right, I'll chuck FSX out the window, and come to think of it,,,I'll throw Windows out the window too! ;)

With all due respect, you have missed the point! Larimar "IS" the only other game in town. If they fail, we all lose. I sure am not putting my faith in MS for a new simulator after the FSX debacle. Screenshots mean squat! Performance is everything! By the way, I'm not a Larimar ###### as you might think ( I don't even use it), but if they do this sim right, I'll chuck FSX out the window, and come to think of it,,,I'll throw Windows out the window too! ;)
Ha, we know you're not a 'Larimar' ######, or else you'd know it was 'Laminar' (maybe I'm the ###### here!). You've got it right though, besides MS Flight, FSX and Prepar3D - which from what I can see is certainly running better and is more stable than FSX, still doesn't have any flight model tweaks - there aren't many other decent 'world' sims on the horizon. I say that coz A-10C is pretty darned good, but it doesn't cover a large part of the world.

Thanks for setting me straight on the Laminar VS Larimar error I keep making, hehe. Anyways, I would not include Prepar3d in there. It's not a new sim, same old 32 bit FSX in a 64 bit world. The real joke is they are charging people to beta test old software. It amazes me what people will do with sugar pills. By the way, my good ole 920 died a few weeks ago...FSX probably had something to do with it... LOL.gif

By the way, my good ole 920 died a few weeks ago...FSX probably had something to do with it... LOL.gif
Oh dear, 1 minute's silence. That's been a faithful i7. Yes, probably overheated too much. Funny, now the i5 2400k is as fast/powerful as the old i7, I hear the new i7 isn't worth the premium any more.