Sign in to follow this  
masaki

Shade for FSX issue

I read elsewhere that there are limitations (?) of Shade with REX.Can someone please elaborate this issue? Is it OK to use Shade and REX together?Thanks
Yes. I'm using Shade, REX and ENB. No issues on my system.

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD

Thank you.What I am really after is just making the night darker, anything else would bbe a plus, but I just think FsX is too bright at night. Like when i taxi, I really dont even need my lights is seems, and I know that this is totally false and it is much much darker, even at brightly lit airports.
Hi William, take a look at this vid I made with Shade+NGX (full screen and hd recommended)I'm really happy with Shade, I already posted two more vids in this forum.

I hope it helps.

Gerard Cabezón
Check my Youtube's Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Gerardius

Holy crap. Well, think I will be looking into ORBX also. But yes, thank you very much. Just bought Shade and downloading now.

Hi after buying this product last week I see so many people talking about Presets that I simply don't have on my Preset list and which look so good and the standard one's people tend to use, could you advice please how I can get more Presets like Mikes and a Greener...and others i'm not using REX or ENB

Many Thanks

Richard

Hi after buying this product last week I see so many people talking about Presets that I simply don't have on my Preset list and which look so good and the standard one's people tend to use, could you advice please how I can get more Presets like Mikes and a Greener...and others i'm not using REX or ENB

Many Thanks

Richard

Many Thanks

Richard

Shade is very, very usefull tool, but you can achieve same effects without it by editing sky texture files. It consumes a bit more time of corse. Let me explain something...<br />Open any sky texture file (take for exampel sky_noon_0.bmp in FXS/Texture) with any graphic editor. Zoom in and take a look at 1st horizontal line of pixels - 1st pixel from left defines shadows colour, 2nd light colour and the last pixel on the right - colour of the fog. You can replace that colours, save file and repeat this action for ALL SKY TEXTURES - of corse every time of day should have its own colours - sunset more orange, day more white etc. Make an experiment and set for all NOON textures very saturated colours: green for light and orange for shadows. Save files and take a flight at midday. Unforgettable impressions :D<br />This is what Shade does. It replaces that 3 pixels on each sky texture. So if you install new sky textures (REX, FEX, AS) you automatically install new set of shadows/light/fog colours.<br /><br />As for too dark virtual cockpit/too bright FSX night ground textures. It's a matter of compromise. Personally, I moved to DX10 mode last month so I had to give ENB up. I replaced it with SweetFX which is much more stabile (no CTD) and has no frame impact.<br />In SweetFX cfg I changed only value for BLOOM and HDR achiving quite dark night and fairly bright cockpit.<br />Additionally I installed my custom sky textures and set my own Shade preset. Finally, after 7 years of using FSX I've got the most realistic look!