Sign in to follow this  
Michael Moe

rotate and V2 and saitek yoke

Hi.i was wondering how your settings with this bird is because i found it hart to leave the rwy at V2

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Sign your full name on these forums as per the rules.You shan't ever be "leaving" the runway at V2 - that speed is to be attained at 35R (in theory). Rotation shall be initiated at VR and a smooth 2-3°/sec. If you are using FDs for takeoff (which you should) you'd be aiming for a V2+20 initial climb. If you find it hard to rotate in general make sure your takeoff trim is set correctly as per whatever the FMC suggests.sig.gif

I'm pretty sure that this has nothing to do with the Saitek yoke. Have you set the trim? this is most likely due to the trim.Set some trim, it should takeoff normally at VR (rotation speed).

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hi.i was wondering how your settings with this bird is because i found it hart to leave the rwy at V2
Some of us don't really mind terribly if you don't sign your name; I mean at least a few of us here are still non-uptight individuals (ahem). :) I just think it's rather rude to chastise someone like that, rules or no rules. I wonder who made that guy the forum police anyhow?Remember too that rotation speed is the speed at which you apply back pressure on the yoke and rotate the aircraft to a takeoff attitude. But this is not actually the same speed at which you'll leave the runway and begin flying. The military parlance for the speed at which the aircraft actually becomes airborne is called the "unstick" speed, and this can be 10 to 20 knots above rotation speed on average, depending on the aircraft.

Some of us don't really mind terribly if you don't sign your name; I mean at least a few of us here are still non-uptight individuals (ahem). :) I just think it's rather rude to chastise someone like that, rules or no rules. I wonder who made that guy the forum police anyhow?
I doubt badderjet has any delusions of forum police. If the actual forum police find an unsigned post they will automatically delete it with no obligation of notification, as per the forum rules. So this information from members is a courtesy, not a holier than thou, statement.

Some of us don't really mind terribly if you don't sign your name; I mean at least a few of us here are still non-uptight individuals (ahem). :) I just think it's rather rude to chastise someone like that, rules or no rules. I wonder who made that guy the forum police anyhow?
He was polite about it. Rules are rules. I think it's great someone can kindly interject that PMDG's forum policy is to be adhered to.Maybe civilians should feel the same when they witness crimes? "I'm not the police" Okay maybe that's taking it too far...

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Sounds like the trim is not set.. Unless maybe the yoke sensitivities aretoo weak. I always set the trim to the specs given on the takeoff page.In fact, I usually do them all at the same time.. After I click off all the settingsand get my speeds, I'll reach up and enter the V2 into the MCP, andreach down and roll the trim to whatever it wants.. The vast majority ofmy flights have it at about 5.5 or so it seems.. Only if real light might itwant less than 5. I've never have any trouble with it wanting to get offthe ground even loaded to the gills.

What is your Saitek settings in fsx ?Thanks i was believing that the plane should leave the rwy at v2Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png