Sign in to follow this  
raghav

767 AND 777

Hi! Any idea if PMDG has made or is making simulations for 767 and 777.

We know they are making a 777 and a Dash-8. Though after that, no one knows...

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

The Boeing 787 would certainly be much better because the team does not QualityWings will take care of the details that need the 787.Straight%20Face.gif

The flight1 767 is really showing it's age now, A remake of the 767 for FSX would be fantastic

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

The flight1 767 is really showing it's age now, A remake of the 767 for FSX would be fantastic
I agree a top notch replacement would be nice. I don't see it anytime soon from Level-D. There has not even been a shred of news on the 757. After following the conversation on the forum that last couple of days I have to say a 747 replacement and the upcoming 777 will be very welcome.

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

It would be great with something other than Boeing after the 777, or at least something that has to be flown in a slightly different matter than the other Boeing planes available for FSX. Once you know how to fly a Boeing, you know how to fly every Boeing, with minor differences of course

Me personally? I think the CS 767 is fine.

It would be great with something other than Boeing after the 777, or at least something that has to be flown in a slightly different matter than the other Boeing planes available for FSX. Once you know how to fly a Boeing, you know how to fly every Boeing, with minor differences of course
Well, the MD-11 has to be flown in a more-than-slightly-different way than the Boeings you know.I know that for some reason the MD-11 is not that popular, but nevertheless the systems are more modern (yes modern) than the 737/747 ones and overall it's just a better simulation than the 747X (which is slowly but surely starting to show its age).
Me personally? I think the CS 767 is fine.
+1 despite the usual CS-hate reigning on these boards I do think the CS 757/767 products are good simulations...

Well, the MD-11 has to be flown in a more-than-slightly-different way than the Boeings you know.I know that for some reason the MD-11 is not that popular, but nevertheless the systems are more modern (yes modern) than the 737/747 ones and overall it's just a better simulation than the 747X (which is slowly but surely starting to show its age)....
I love the MD-11, but its not a Boeing. Its a McDouglas! (even tho its called a Boeing after the merger, its clearly not a Boeing)

They are practically the same aircraft... Personally I would rather fly the t7 though.. Any news on when we can expect that yet?

I love the MD-11, but its not a Boeing. Its a McDouglas! (even tho its called a Boeing after the merger, its clearly not a Boeing)
Isn't that exactly what I said??I understood from your post that you wanted something else than the usual Boeing way-of-flying and so I said the MD-11 is another option...But I must have misunderstood your initial post then...

Well, the MD-11 has to be flown in a more-than-slightly-different way than the Boeings you know.I know that for some reason the MD-11 is not that popular, but nevertheless the systems are more modern (yes modern) than the 737/747 ones and overall it's just a better simulation than the 747X (which is slowly but surely starting to show its age).+1 despite the usual CS-hate reigning on these boards I do think the CS 757/767 products are good simulations...
The overhead panel of the 737 NGs shows clearly what era this plane came from. Not too much changes to the 737 classics and full of buttons and steam gauges like the 737 100/200s. Lots of work to do on the checklists. The caution annunciatons were not transfered to the DUs, but stayed near the Master Caution button on a small display.The MD11 instead has a very logical overhead panel, that nicely corresponds with the different pages on the center DUs. If you are in the manual mode of a specific system you can clearly recognize on the specific page that you right now disabled the left hyd pump of system1 for instance. If you don't want to mess around with the overhead at all you can set all subpanels to the "system controlled mode" so the aircraft configures everything by itself. On the checklist you would only read:"Hydr. panel auto, electr. panel auto...".I also think the autopilot logic is more advanced. 270 pitch or thrust shows you that either pitch or thrust controlss the current speed. You have just Nav or Prof for vertical and lateral navigation active on the PFD. No chaotic transfer modes nobody understands. Everthing that comes from the CDU/FMC is in magenta, manual entries are white, so a FMC derived speed of 250 would be shown in magenta. FCP knobs can be pushed and pulled. You want to get the current hdg on the FCP, just push the button. No hours of rotating the button as on the Boeings. If you really want some challenge, try out the Leo Maddog. That plane is truelly from another era.

I don't get it. If you want something different, why not an Airbus? The 777 is a 747 cockpit on the 767 systems. W already have both of those planes. Why not something new?Paul