Sign in to follow this  
Akila

Enhance your NGX Touchdown sound effect! - Download

The flaps??? The flaps sound is great already. They sound in the sim the very same way they sound in the real NG, at leat that's what I think. I don't see a reason to change it. And if you're probably wondering why can't you hear them from the cockpit in the NGX, it's simply because you can't hear them from the cockpit in the NG as well! It's too far away from the motors that make that sound.
x2

Joel Strikovsky
Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

ok, the roll sound is ready, I just need to locate the FSX file(s) that are used by the NGX.would appreciate if some one would help me locate the file(s) used for roll, it would make my life easier Hug.gif

Joel Strikovsky

Joel, I like your touchdown sound a lot. I'll search for the roll sound, and hoping it's not multiple files blended together.

Joel, I found the roll sound. It's located at SimObjects/Airplanes/PMDG 800NGX/sound. The name of the file is PMDG737NGX_GRND.

Joel, I found the roll sound. It's located at SimObjects/Airplanes/PMDG 800NGX/sound. The name of the file is PMDG737NGX_GRND.
that file is the slow roll when you already Taxi (IMO it sounds fine), it s not the roll when you actually run on the runway at take off or landing.that is the default FSX sound.try taking off or just landing, touching with your front gear,let it run for a bit at high speed, then start breaking and taxi. you will notice the differencein sound.the GRIND is the slow/taxi sound.But thanks for your effort.

Joel Strikovsky

can you upload these on avsim?
good point.I'll do so.

Joel Strikovsky

I wonder among every one who uses TD#1 and who uses TD#2?it's a good question what most PPL like.

Joel Strikovsky

TD#1 :)BTW great job! I'm waitin' for more your sounds :)Cheers!

Adrian

The original PMDG touchdown sound effect is a dynamic sound whose amplitude changes according to how hard you land. Will this be the same with this sound file change?

Murat Okay

Turkish Virtual Airlines

Senior Captain

www.turkishvirtual.com

I believe I mentioned it at my original post.

in the SIM it would sound just as it should and the sound changes (the sound density and volume) based on how smooth or harsh you touchdown.
based on my Testing the answer is yes, if you find it otherwise please let me know.BTW - it is not depended on the sound WAV file that feature, it is solo the NGX gauge function that is responsiblefor volume/density/speed, etc playback of the WAV file.for example you could test it for yourself, if you playback the Original NGX touchdown file in media player, the volume is the same all along, however during flight it changes based on the gauge input.the same is true for the modified file as well, I did not change the concept just the sound it outputs.I will post you here a compare Video(s) of the sound when I land hard and when I do a smooth landing.you could tell the difference in the Video I recorded.I'll U/L it to youtube so you could take a look at it.

Joel Strikovsky

what the H&&^L, this is some download manager. Where are the files referred to here?

Joe Porter

ngxu_banner.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Beta_Tester.jpg

what the H&&^L, this is some download manager. Where are the files referred to here?
Go for the 'DIRECT DOWNLOAD" link. Don't install that "Vgrabber", it's a son of a **** to get rid of.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg