Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tom Allensworth

FSX Expires

I have FSX up and running on my new machine, and now FSX is crashing without rhyme or reason... Here is the error report generated. Can anyone provide some hints as to what may be the cause?Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: fsx.exe Application Version: 10.0.61637.0 Application Timestamp: 46fadb14 Fault Module Name: TCAS2v7.dll Fault Module Version: 1.1.6.0 Fault Module Timestamp: 4633aecd Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Offset: 00009dae OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3 Locale ID: 1033Additional information about the problem: LCID: 1033This occurred when flying the PMDG 747-400.

Hi TomAre you able to launch any other, or default aircraft?

Is it always the TCAS.dll that is the offender?
Yes, it appears to be.
Hi TomAre you able to launch any other, or default aircraft?
Yes, and it seems stable when running the defaults, as far as I can tell.

I would look at the 747 installation as being the culprit then.I'm sure you would have installed with UAC off and all that good stuff, so I would suggest a reinstall of the 747 would be in order.Make sure the TCAS.dll has permission to run when FSX starts. I think it would be one that the FSX.cfg has to 'trust'

I recall, a few yrs ago. A developer came out with an addon aircraft TCAS that was in conflict with a freeware TCAS. Can't recall for tthe life.. It was QW757 that was having the conflict with it's TCAS and the installed freeware TCAS.. It was doing as you described. They recommended uninstalling the other CAS if i remember correctly.
Good info to have for sure.

I also remember once having to redownload the PMDG744 setup file, due to a corrupt download. Just a thought...

While FSX doesn't crash very often for me, I do recall having a TCAS crash when using the QW757 once (V2). Since the QW757 is the aircraft I use the most, I would think that I would experience this problem more often. Although it hasn't happened again, I thought it may have been caused by an AI problem. Maybe I overloaded the TCAS? Maybe there was a rogue aircraft or a bad flightplan that caused problems? I don't know what it could be but it may be an alternative path you can follow for a solution to your problem.

Guest jahman
I have FSX up and running on my new machine, and now FSX is crashing without rhyme or reason... Here is the error report generated. Can anyone provide some hints as to what may be the cause?Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: fsx.exe Application Version: 10.0.61637.0 Application Timestamp: 46fadb14 Fault Module Name: TCAS2v7.dll Fault Module Version: 1.1.6.0 Fault Module Timestamp: 4633aecd Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Offset: 00009dae OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3 Locale ID: 1033Additional information about the problem: LCID: 1033This occurred when flying the PMDG 747-400.
A possible solution here. See: "CTD: Missing TCAS2V7.dll").Cheers,- jahman.

Jahman--that thread is for the FS9 version of the PMDG B744. Plus, the faulting module can't be TCAS2V7.dll if it was missing and was never loaded in the first place.Tom--I've seen this before, but quite some time back. I think I concluded that FSUIPC was choking on massive numbers of AI acft in a dense traffic area. You might try the following settings in the FSUIPC.INI "General" section, (observe case in the parameter names):TCASid=FlightTCASrange=40TrafficScanPerFrame=20

The TCAS.dll appears to have been the problem. I reinstalled the 747 and now have the correct TCAS in place. Thanks for all the help guys.

Brilliant!! Ain't this place just the donkey's wottsits?! LOL.gif

Guest jahman
Jahman--that thread is for the FS9 version of the PMDG B744. Plus, the faulting module can't be TCAS2V7.dll if it was missing and was never loaded in the first place.
Yes, that's what I thought at first too, but then it occurred to me there could be a problem with the TCAS dll installation/registration that could throw the error.
Brilliant!! Ain't this place just the donkey's wottsits?! LOL.gif
Wottsa wottsit? Big Grin.gifCheers,- jahman.