Sign in to follow this  
steve inwood

New Groundroll Sound Enhancement

yes, i did, is it a loud noise or should i struggle to hear it, i cant hear it, but maybe i need to turn the volume up?, Daniel

yes, i did, is it a loud noise or should i struggle to hear it, i cant hear it, but maybe i need to turn the volume up?, Daniel
im not sure because im using it is ok will hear is louder as you taxi faster over 10knots

Daniel the actual noise you will here is a low thumping sound as you taxi just incase your listening for something different m8 . on takeoff it because hard to here because of the pitch of engines

Right i think i have done it to the best of my ability. Basically the original idea behind my madness was to try an create a sound that would give you the idea of taxiing and takeoff thumps. After watching a few videos on Youtube i have came to a conclusion. I believe that more often than not you mainly hear these thumps in the cockpit on takeoff, as Akila was saying yesterday so ... I have re created a file which will do exactly that. Your original PMDG groundroll file from the aircraft / Sound folder need to remain as the original in both 800NGX & 700NGX from RTM. The actual sound i did yesturday for taxiing needs to become the Nosegroundroll file which will be overwriten in the Various sound folder (BACK IT UP ). Via fsx / sounds / PMDG ..Various.. At the end of the day it's a game and we try our best to get as real as we can but will never ever be able to do certain things as of FSX limits.. So if anyone wishes to try it then let me know what you think. Remember if your a AES user back up and take out the RWlamps WAVS there are two of them and they can be found here .. FSX / aerosoft / AES / SOUND - 4TH & 5TH from the bottom..File link can be found here for the new sound.. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=L6RC0PY6So this sound can be now heard when you reach about 70 knots on the runway and again when landing, but when landing you will here it as soon as the nose gear touch down and as you slow down it fades away

Right i think i have done it to the best of my ability. Basically the original idea behind my madness was to try an create a sound that would give you the idea of taxiing and takeoff thumps. After watching a few videos on Youtube i have came to a conclusion. I believe that more often than not you mainly hear these thumps in the cockpit on takeoff, as Akila was saying yesterday so ... I have re created a file which will do exactly that. Your original PMDG groundroll file from the aircraft / Sound folder need to remain as the original in both 800NGX & 700NGX from RTM. The actual sound i did yesturday for taxiing needs to become the Nosegroundroll file which will be overwriten in the Various sound folder (BACK IT UP ). Via fsx / sounds / PMDG ..Various.. At the end of the day it's a game and we try our best to get as real as we can but will never ever be able to do certain things as of FSX limits.. So if anyone wishes to try it then let me know what you think. Remember if your a AES user back up and take out the RWlamps WAVS there are two of them and they can be found here .. FSX / aerosoft / AES / SOUND - 4TH & 5TH from the bottom..File link can be found here for the new sound.. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=L6RC0PY6So this sound can be now heard when you reach about 70 knots on the runway and again when landing, but when landing you will here it as soon as the nose gear touch down and as you slow down it fades away
Hi SteveI'm normally very savvy with pcs etc but struggling to understand where each file is to be copiedHypnotized.gifI have the touchdown effect already installed which works great, also downloaded the taxi thump sound you uploaded today - PMDG_737_NoseGearGroundroll.zip (359kb) and also the new runway groundroll file - NGXSound2.zip (5.78mb). does the larger file superceed the smaller one as they both have the same filename - PMDG_737_NoseGearGroundroll.wav so obviously cannot co-exist in the same sound folder. I'm not near my FSX pc till this evening so can't test though played them both in media player, the taxi one sounds great, I hear this thumping too on the takeoff roll obviously getting more frequent as the speed increases , please advise mate?

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson

hi mate.Link is over.
Yeah i know if you bare with us me and Joel are getting the final version wrapped up so should get a release later on this evening GMT time so ignore everything in this thread final version coming soon

Hi SteveI'm normally very savvy with pcs etc but struggling to understand where each file is to be copiedHypnotized.gifI have the touchdown effect already installed which works great, also downloaded the taxi thump sound you uploaded today - PMDG_737_NoseGearGroundroll.zip (359kb) and also the new runway groundroll file - NGXSound2.zip (5.78mb). does the larger file superceed the smaller one as they both have the same filename - PMDG_737_NoseGearGroundroll.wav so obviously cannot co-exist in the same sound folder. I'm not near my FSX pc till this evening so can't test though played them both in media player, the taxi one sounds great, I hear this thumping too on the takeoff roll obviously getting more frequent as the speed increases , please advise mate?
that is where me and Steve spoken on Private that as much as we tried helping, we caused more confusion.we are working on consolidating our posts and file versions and better and clear instructions.as to your question "PMDG_737_NoseGearGroundroll.wav" , both versions would do the same, just with a different sound output.it is to the user's discretion on deciding which one he prefers.so the 350K size or the 5Mb size essentially have the same role, you need to pick one that you like and replace the original filewith your favorite modified file(s) we offered.Don't forget to backup your original file 1st.

Joel Strikovsky
Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg