Sign in to follow this  
steve inwood

New Groundroll Sound Enhancement

That did it ;-) so... sorry, my mistake! The reason for this mistake however was that the landing sound that is published here, was supposed to be put in "another" sound folder...:-)
Yeah just be extra careful where and what your moving about PMDG are very good at creating lots of fantastic sounds that do go in different places m8

Thank you very much steve ! It's the first time I hear that sound in FSX and it provides a very realistic effect !Great job !

Not to discredit you Steve, but i already have this.. huh.png (from Turbine Sound Studios CFM56 5b9 soundpack)It is exaclty the same lol tongue.png

Not to discredit you Steve, but i already have this.. huh.png (from Turbine Sound Studios CFM56 5b9 soundpack)It is exaclty the same lol tongue.png
Is it oh good good not where i got it from but hey ho glad you got it

this file is only responsible for the slow taxi movement, not the high speed RW run and nose gear.the sound that is used for the high speed roll when you takeoff/landing are the default FSX sound (so I believe), this is the sound I am about to replace.the slow taxi sound is great as it is IMO as it is.I might combine both the NGX GRND sound and the modified sound into one, which we might benefit from both worlds.I'll D/L it and test it out and try combining them and see what the outcome would be (I might need to de-amplifier/amplifier one or both files to match the 50% PMDG sound setting recommendation and to make them both heard)what is missing is the Nose gear touch down and RW roll (at high speed)

Joel Strikovsky
Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

Joel and Steve, is it possible to have a unique package with all sounds needed (slow taxi and runway run/nose gear) and the related instructions on where to put them?Thank you for your work!

James Goggi

Im currently looking at the runways sounds know as of making them respond to faster speeds bare with me guys
I can help you on this one, i am going to run a debug tool to find what sound file(s) the NGX calls when Nose gear touch down and when you roll at high speed on the RW , i.e. during take off and/or landing.if you want we can work on it together and combine our efforts on that one.let me know if you are up for it.

Joel Strikovsky

I can help you on this one, i am going to run a debug tool to find what sound file(s) the NGX calls when Nose gear touch down and when you roll at high speed on the RW , i.e. during take off and/or landing.if you want we can work on it together and combine our efforts on that one.let me know if you are up for it.
Yeah sure thing m8 will give it ago the actual sound file is OK it is the amount of speed that is wrong

IMO it is not a good idea to tamper with the speed but to find the files responsible to the high speed rol/nose gear and replace them with a dedicated file(s) - which I already have , or yours (whichever we both think sounds better, or we can just add them both to the user's discretion to pick).PM me and le't work on it together (joint forces are awesome).

Joel Strikovsky

Good news, I located the file responsible for nose gear and roll (takeoff/touchdown roll).I tested it and it works.I am working with steve on perfection the sound to be the best we can make it.

Joel Strikovsky

Hey all, i think it does not work for me i just added it and overwrite to the sound folder on the ngx800, and i did not hear that sound, maybe i need to turn up the engine sounds on the default fsx settings? help i want to use that haha(:

Hey all, i think it does not work for me i just added it and overwrite to the sound folder on the ngx800, and i did not hear that sound, maybe i need to turn up the engine sounds on the default fsx settings? help i want to use that haha(:
Daniel did you put it in the aircraft sound folder m8.