Sign in to follow this  
martyneale

X plane 10 visibility

Why do the race games have better nap of the earth graphics vs flight sims? Stick a couple wings and prop on one of the cars and you have Need for Speed, High Flyer.

You can turn the shaders on but set some to low. Example. Set the water to "default" effects. Experiment with the other settings. Turn down the AA and AF if they are up. Just as a test, turn on VRAM compression and see how that affects the fps. Some of these settings require a sim restart. See how you go and post back.
Thanks Goran-I think I did this before (a year ago). What I found on my machine is turning them all off doubles the frames to 50-60 but the water looks bad. The vram compression helps a little-but I find at most a 1 fps difference leaving the shaders on from min to max-therefore I'll leave them on because it looks so much better. I still get 26-28 fps with the Carenado F33 which is fine with me.

My friend, take a week vacation from the forum and calm down.Inappropriate questions about financial status are not really welcome here.
you missed his point ... he wasnt really asking about financial status. Him was making a point about why some might fly a sim with less than 19fps. He was simply stating that some cant afford to upgrade like others can.

you missed his point ... he wasnt really asking about financial status. Him was making a point about why some might fly a sim with less than 19fps. He was simply stating that some cant afford to upgrade like others can.
His point and personality came out rather strongly in an email he sent all the admins today..and he is gone..David called it right...as usual... :)

Hello everyone.I want to clarify / emphasize one point on the visibility. Most VFR days, even in So Cal you can see more than 40 SM. Many days, you can see beyond 60 SM, some days you can see 100 SM or more. Any sim should be able to deliver the worst case, 100 SM, capability, if it's to be realistic.The ability to evaluate your next waypoint, feedback, in VMC, between 20 SM vs. 60-100 SM is significant, and very important. While we try to get visual ground references every 10-15 SM the general direction of flight on a VFR flight, can, and should, go well beyond that. For beginner pilots a 20 SM can almost be considered marginal VFR and difficult to judge your next visual waypoint / ground reference.An example of what I consider minimum visibility in the Unlimited category / setting, would be to lift off above Big Bear airport L35, look towards Catalina, aprox. 240 Deg. heading and clearly see the island. Anything less than that does not qualify, in my opinion, as a realistic Unlimited setting.I would like to see a couple of things in the new release, the ability to Use the Twist in a Joystick to view to the sides, I know it's available as assignment now, but very impractical / useless. MSFS does a good job implementing this feature.I would also like to have the option of detaching the VC from the main view, like using it in another computer or use it like the 2D in MSFS to be able to use a large screen / projector for the forward view, and a smaller screen / monitor for the Instrument panel.I am glad to see that you are still at it, and waiting for the next version. TV