Sign in to follow this  
dangerzone

``please expedite your climb to xxxx ``

hey everyone,When flying IFR using GPS,I constantly get an ATC message instructing me to expedite my climb to a specific level although I AM at the altitude they are asking me to be and my altimeter is set correctly..i am about to go crazy...is this a bug?for example: I am at 4000 feet,as they asked me to be,then I keep getting the same message over and over again asking me to expedite my climb..I make sure that the altimeter is set correctly but it doesnt solve my problem...I get thıs error almost in every route I fly..Any idea why this happensthanks

Hi,this problem normally occurs at the transition altitude, which is 18000 in FSX( transition altitude varies depending on where in the world you are flying, however if you're using the default FSX ATC then it's the same figure all over the world) . Once above 18000 you need to reset your altimeter to the standard pressure which is 20.92 inHg or 1013mb so as the altimeter reads flight levels. Once you descend back below 18000 you use actual barometric pressure.If you're having problems below 18000 and your not using any ATC addons such as Radar Contact which have accurate transition levels then somehow your altimeter is not set correctly. I take it you are adjusting it with the "B" key? When you are handed over to a new centre the controller normally gives you the current pressure setting, might be worth confirming that's what is set on your altimeter and even manually setting it as opposed to using the "B" key.Hope you get to the bottom of it.Steve

Guest jahman
...my altimeter is set correctly..i am about to go crazy...is this a bug?...
Are you resetting your altimeter when handed over from one control sector to the next?Cheers,- jahman.

hey everyone,When flying IFR using GPS,I constantly get an ATC message instructing me to expedite my climb to a specific level although I AM at the altitude they are asking me to be and my altimeter is set correctly..i am about to go crazy...is this a bug?for example: I am at 4000 feet,as they asked me to be,then I keep getting the same message over and over again asking me to expedite my climb..I make sure that the altimeter is set correctly but it doesnt solve my problem...I get thıs error almost in every route I fly..Any idea why this happensthanks
In addition to what was said above, I do also think that the "climb to" instruction is a bug in fsx. I hear it alot with GA aircraft at lower altitudes and the Center will repeat the climb to instruction to the point of insanity LOL. Usually will repeat until change of freq.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

When you create a flight plan using the FSX Flight Planner, it automatically assigns an altitude for that flight. You can see the alt. on the FP EDIT Tab, where you can change the value. If you are flying an FP, either VFR(?) or IFR, and you are not at this altitude, ATC will ride you until you climb to altitude, request a new alt, or cancel your FP.Could this be what you are experiencing?