Sign in to follow this  
777-Pilot

How to get more Frames ?

Typical for Acer... they don't want customers to do that so they go about disabling all that stuff. I know, I'm also selling those Acer prebuilt computers... would never buy me one...Just go and build a computer yourself, you'll be way better off! And it's not even that expensive as you might think.

Typical for Acer... they don't want customers to do that so they go about disabling all that stuff. I know, I'm also selling those Acer prebuilt computers... would never buy me one...Just go and build a computer yourself, you'll be way better off! And it's not even that expensive as you might think.
Thank you Word Not Allowed!I want to buy an i7 2600 in my new PC. What graphic should I use? GTX 560 or better?David

Thank you Word Not Allowed!I want to buy an i7 2600 in my new PC. What graphic should I use? GTX 560 or better?David
I love my combo, though I could've as same went a 2500K. I have HT off the whole time.On GPU go the best you can afford. I love my GTX580.

David,You can't just go out and buy a i7 2600 and stick it in your current motherboard. The 920 uses an LGA 1333 Package and the 2600 uses LGA 1155, both these require different motherboards and probably different memory as I think the 2600 runs on dual channel rather than triple which the 920 etc uses. You need to read up on it all my friend, dont run out and buy a new cpu and expect it to just plug in and work on your current pcPerhaps you're already aware of this and I apologise if this is the case

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson

David,You can't just go out and buy a i7 2600 and stick it in your current motherboard. The 920 uses an LGA 1333 Package and the 2600 uses LGA 1155, both these require different motherboards and probably different memory as I think the 2600 runs on dual channel rather than triple which the 920 etc uses. You need to read up on it all my friend, dont run out and buy a new cpu and expect it to just plug in and work on your current pcPerhaps you're already aware of this and I apologise if this is the case
I think he knew that he's gonna need a new mobo already...

Hi Captains!I really thank you for your help. I came to the conclusion, that I will buy a COMPLETELY new PC (Word Not Allowed, you`re right....smile.png )I will asemble my PC somewhere at a shop, where they build it for my. (I am not very experienced with that...)One question left: Do you think the Intel P67 is a good mainboard and can I overclock my new CPU with that mainboard in the future?CheersDavid

Hi Captains!I really thank you for your help. I came to the conclusion, that I will buy a COMPLETELY new PC (Word Not Allowed, you`re right....smile.png )I will asemble my PC somewhere at a shop, where they build it for my. (I am not very experienced with that...)One question left: Do you think the Intel P67 is a good mainboard and can I overclock my new CPU with that mainboard in the future?CheersDavid
I would by a Z68 chipset! Just slightly better. Look in my system specs, all those parts (except graphics card (get an GTX580 instead), are great! Do not get the i7 2600K either. If you're not gonna do video encoding or whatever, get the i5 2500K! They'll both perform identical in FSX with the same clockspeeds.And again, all parts you see in my signature (except graphics card and HDD), are the best you can get for FSX. 8GB RAM is way enough, more than that would be overkill. The CPU cooler is great and performs identical to the Noctua D14 or Corsair H100, although it's cheaper. My motherboard is also great, very overclock friendly, just look on youtube for an overclocking guide for you specific CPU and the brand of you motherboard. If you get all the parts in my system specs, except the graphics card, get a GTX580 instead, and a Western Digital Caviar Black, you should be great for FSX. After that just get a tweaked FSX.cfg from www.venetubo.com/fsx.html, and you will be able to run pretty much anything you throw at it.

I would by a Z68 chipset! Just slightly better. Look in my system specs, all those parts (except graphics card (get an GTX580 instead), are great! Do not get the i7 2600K either. If you're not gonna do video encoding or whatever, get the i5 2500K! They'll both perform identical in FSX with the same clockspeeds.And again, all parts you see in my signature (except graphics card and HDD), are the best you can get for FSX. 8GB RAM is way enough, more than that would be overkill. The CPU cooler is great and performs identical to the Noctua D14 or Corsair H100, although it's cheaper. My motherboard is also great, very overclock friendly, just look on youtube for an overclocking guide for you specific CPU and the brand of you motherboard. If you get all the parts in my system specs, except the graphics card, get a GTX580 instead, and a Western Digital Caviar Black, you should be great for FSX. After that just get a tweaked FSX.cfg from www.venetubo.com/fsx.html, and you will be able to run pretty much anything you throw at it.
So you think, an i5 would also be OK?David

So you think, an i5 would also be OK?David
Read my post again! Yes, and i5 2500K will perform identical to i7 2600K at the same clockspeed in FSX. The i7 2600K, has called a special function called "hyperthreading". Hyperthreading is when the CPU copies the physical cores and creates another 4 virtual cores, so that you have 8 cores. This hyperthreading function is what you pay for. As FSX will never use 8 cores, not even 4, so get the i5 2500K. This thing is 100$ cheaper than the i7 2600K. The i5 2500K is a great CPU for gaming. The i7 2600K will perform identical to the i5 2500K games, but it will only perform better when running programs that use more than 4 cores (like when you're doing video encoding or something). I do have the i5 2500K and it performs great! Way better than my old i7 860. So I tell once more: i5 2500K = i7 2600K, but only cheaper.

Read my post again! Yes, and i5 2500K will perform identical to i7 2600K at the same clockspeed in FSX. The i7 2600K, has called a special function called "hyperthreading". Hyperthreading is when the CPU copies the physical cores and creates another 4 virtual cores, so that you have 8 cores. This hyperthreading function is what you pay for. As FSX will never use 8 cores, not even 4, so get the i5 2500K. This thing is 100$ cheaper than the i7 2600K. The i5 2500K is a great CPU for gaming. The i7 2600K will perform identical to the i5 2500K games, but it will only perform better when running programs that use more than 4 cores (like when you're doing video encoding or something). I do have the i5 2500K and it performs great! Way better than my old i7 860. So I tell once more: i5 2500K = i7 2600K, but only cheaper.
Thank you Arjen.Than it will be an Intel core i5 instead! wink.pngDavid

Not to besmirch any of the fine advice given in this thread, but I strongly suggest doing some research before making a purchase rather than taking the advice from a few individuals. We have no idea what your budget is, what you plan on doing with it other than fsx, no idea when ms flight will come out and if that will take advantage of HT?Not that you can 'future proof' a pc by any means, but if you are going to spend lets say $1500 on a system, an extra $100 for a cpu that "may" prove more beneficial to you down the road seems like a small add-on. To me, a system should have the capacity to be expandable and keep up with all that's required from games for at least 2-3 years before having to scrap it entirely. Again, this may not be important to you but it's a decision only you can make

I just built a new computer. The old: XFX 780i, Core 2 Quad Q9650 @ 4.05, 4gb ddr2 800mhz, 580 gtx. Was getting barely playable fps (15-17 near airports), 30 at altitude. New computer: Asus MAximus xtreme z, Core I7 2600K @ 4.6GHZ, 2 580 gtx's, 8gb g.skill ddr3 2133. My new FPS: Flytampa athens with volumetric grass, rex 2 overdrive: 35 fps taxiing around airport, 60fps (limited by vsync) at altitude. The sandy brdge cpu's offer amazing performance. I overclocked to 4.6 by checking one box in bios. I can easily clock to 5.2ghz. the processor is $300 and well worth it

Not to besmirch any of the fine advice given in this thread, but I strongly suggest doing some research before making a purchase rather than taking the advice from a few individuals. We have no idea what your budget is, what you plan on doing with it other than fsx, no idea when ms flight will come out and if that will take advantage of HT?Not that you can 'future proof' a pc by any means, but if you are going to spend lets say $1500 on a system, an extra $100 for a cpu that "may" prove more beneficial to you down the road seems like a small add-on. To me, a system should have the capacity to be expandable and keep up with all that's required from games for at least 2-3 years before having to scrap it entirely. Again, this may not be important to you but it's a decision only you can make
I tend to disagree. You can't future proof, nor you can really make it expandable. It doesn't pay off to buy HT now, nor we really know when Flight is going to come out. And if it's going to support HT - which I personally hardly hardly doubt.In the end, better to buy cheaper now and then when new tech is out buy again a new one, than spend a fortune now without knowing what's coming. Buying a 1000$ CPU is a mistake however you put it.You can never go wrong on GPU though... although next gen is always faster, as always.But what he should do is make an official new pc post in hardware forums, there are enough people there who have an idea and it should be discussed there, not here.