Sign in to follow this  
777-Pilot

How to get more Frames ?

I tend to disagree. You can't future proof, nor you can really make it expandable. It doesn't pay off to buy HT now, nor we really know when Flight is going to come out. And if it's going to support HT - which I personally hardly hardly doubt.In the end, better to buy cheaper now and then when new tech is out buy again a new one, than spend a fortune now without knowing what's coming. Buying a 1000$ CPU is a mistake however you put it.You can never go wrong on GPU though... although next gen is always faster, as always.But what he should do is make an official new pc post in hardware forums, there are enough people there who have an idea and it should be discussed there, not here.
Thank you!I will give that a try.David

Hello again,another question: in my new system, I want to use an i5 2500K. I am trying to overclock it to 4,0-4,4 GHz, so which cooler should I use (Arctic Freezer Xtreme Rev 2 is not enough for that, I think (?)ThanksDavid

I tend to disagree. You can't future proof, nor you can really make it expandable. It doesn't pay off to buy HT now, nor we really know when Flight is going to come out. And if it's going to support HT - which I personally hardly hardly doubt.In the end, better to buy cheaper now and then when new tech is out buy again a new one, than spend a fortune now without knowing what's coming. Buying a 1000$ CPU is a mistake however you put it.You can never go wrong on GPU though... although next gen is always faster, as always.But what he should do is make an official new pc post in hardware forums, there are enough people there who have an idea and it should be discussed there, not here.
+1And even in the unlikely event that MS Flight benefits from HT, it would not be more than a 10 - 20%. That's not going to futureproof too much at all, certainly not 2-3 years.By the way, you would need to have all 4 cores at 100% to see an improvement with HT. So Flight would be CPU limited like FSX is. If that's what people want...
Hello again,another question: in my new system, I want to use an i5 2500K. I am trying to overclock it to 4,0-4,4 GHz, so which cooler should I use (Arctic Freezer Xtreme Rev 2 is not enough for that, I think (?)ThanksDavid
it should be enough for 4.4GHz

+1And even in the unlikely event that MS Flight benefits from HT, it would not be more than a 10 - 20%. That's not going to futureproof too much at all, certainly not 2-3 years.By the way, you would need to have all 4 cores at 100% to see an improvement with HT. So Flight would be CPU limited like FSX is. If that's what people want...it should be enough for 4.4GHz
So you do not think I need a better cooler for 80 dollar or more?David

So you do not think I need a better cooler for 80 dollar or more?David
Do you own an Arctic Freezer Xtreme Rev 2 already? It's a nice little cooler and enough for 4.4GHz.If you don't have one there are other options like the CM Hyper 212 + or EVO, or the Scythe Mugen 2 rev.B that offer great performance for a lot less than $80. You don't need a top notch cooler for 4.4 - 4.5GHz

Thank you Dario!It will be a completely new PC-Setup, so I want to get a good cooler for it. I think I will use something better like the Arctic Freezer Xtreme Rev 2, so thanks for your options!David

Hi again!Do you think it is possible to run only FSX on an 120 GB SSD and Win 7 and other Programs on the normal harddrive?David

Unless you have a whole lot of photo scenery, yes. That's how mine is set up.

Unless you have a whole lot of photo scenery, yes. That's how mine is set up.
I would install FSX, REX, PMDG Aircraft and some Aerosoft on the SSD. Do you think it is possible?David

curious as to why you wouldnt move the OS as well. Unless your fsx folder is huge.
Well, it is not small: FSX 63GB REX 15GBAnd the demand of space will rise...;-)David