Sign in to follow this  
Daniel choen

Very weird problem at crosswind?

Hey fallows,i have very weird problem at crosswind, the nose instead of turning the nose into the wind its turming with the wind..i have a joystick, at my home (usually flying at my friend he has saitek pro) i am thinking of buying saitek pro, but anyway, what is the problem?P.S my joystick has centerline issues, with the rudders but its not significant, i am turning the nose into the wind but, when i am doing the i deviates from the runway direction.

This is just FSX... I have noticed this on every aircraft ever since FSX came out. I never found an explanation either, seems people just think this is the way it should be???

Could you describe the situation more? What airport and runway were you landing at? What was the wind speed and direction indicated by the METAR and which direction was the nose crabbing/facing.I think I know why you think this is happening, but I can't be sure until you give the above info.

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo

this is a problem with FSUIPC, try downloading the latest version or search their forums for the answer, this used to happen to me and i remember something about fsuipc was the cause

Could you describe the situation more? What airport and runway were you landing at? What was the wind speed and direction indicated by the METAR and which direction was the nose crabbing/facing.I think I know why you think this is happening, but I can't be sure until you give the above info.
For me it's most evident when during T/O....Say you're lined up on a runway 27... the wind is 315@whatever... as soon as the speed kicks up the plane is turning right, not left as it should.I have the latest FSUIPC and its registered.

For me it's most evident when during T/O....Say you're lined up on a runway 27... the wind is 315@whatever... as soon as the speed kicks up the plane is turning right, not left as it should.I have the latest FSUIPC and its registered.
What about in the air? Are you still nosing right?

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo

Yes, in cruise it seems right... just on approach and t/O its opposite???
Sorry, I stated my question wrong...On approach or climbout (Say landing/takeoff of RW27 and wind is 315 @ 16) is it still nosing to the right or the left?

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo

Sorry, I stated my question wrong...On approach or climbout (Say landing/takeoff of RW27 and wind is 315 @ 16) is it still nosing to the right or the left?
Well,... honestly I couldn't tell you because those stages have less wind than cruise and more speed than approach or t/o, which makes it more negligible.But I do know that every approach and every take off I have to compensate for this.What's your theory???

Well,... honestly I couldn't tell you because those stages have less wind and more speed which makes it more negligible.But I do know that every approach and every take off I have to compensate for this.What's your theory???
Sorry, hate to keep asking questions.I was thinking more about the OP with this- If the METAR says wind is 315 @ 20 knots, then that is the direction the wind is coming from, not the direction it is heading. So the wind would really be heading 135 @ 20 knots, and then the nose right correction would make sense landing at RW27.

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo

Sorry, hate to keep asking questions.I was thinking more about the OP with this- If the METAR says wind is 315 @ 20 knots, then that is the direction the wind is coming from, not the direction it is heading. So the wind would really be heading 135 @ 20 knots, and then the nose right correction would make sense landing at RW27.
No,... you misread... I have to correct left because the plane is veering into the wind to the right. When it should be the other way around.

No,... you misread... I have to correct left because the plane is veering into the wind to the right. When it should be the other way around.
Should the plane not nose into the wind in order to stay on a straight course?
to help get rid of all confusion could you please post a screenshot of the ND?
Good Idea! Edited by NickC

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo

Should the plane not nose into the wind in order to stay on a straight course?
The plane, automatically? I would if I could, but then I'll end up being pushed off the runway by the backwards wind.

Plane is veering to the right as it should be. It will weathervane into the wind and the pilot will need to correct with downwind rudder or left rudder in this case.