Hey guys,I can't seem to get rid of stutters. I just upgraded to the GTX 560 1GB card and still in the heavy clouds I max out the card at 100% and the stutters start. I know there has to be something wrong if a 2004 program is maxing out a 2010 card. I run AS6.5 and REX Overdrive when this happens.This first picture is showing what FS9 looks like when the card load is max:-2011-nov-15-001.jpgAnd this shot is of my inspector settings for FS9 and my card:-2011-nov-15-002.jpgDoes anyone have some suggestions to why this is happening and anyone with the GTX 560 card could possibly share their settings? I also cant max out FS9 settings. I can't get mip mapping above 6 without performance hit and the weather settings can't max either.Any help would be great!Thanks!

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

Guest venustus01

My video card is a dinosaur compared to yours,but i run FS9 very nicely with the following inspector settings:

My video card is a dinosaur compared to yours,but i run FS9 very nicely with the following inspector settings:
Thats whats got me scratching my head. I KNOW the GTX 560 can run FS9 maxed with no problems but just don't know how to get there. Thanks for your post! After my defrag gets done, Ill go ahead and give those a try! Just curious, with those settings your FS9 looks as good as it gets too right?Thanks again!

RW Freight Pilot

Try reducing the resolution of your monitor. My guess is that your CPU cannot always keep up with the demand for pixel recomputation- especially as nearby clouds seem to move increasingly more rapidly as the airplane gets close. Same thing may happen on the ground when taxiing and the airplane swings around rapidly in front of a building.CPU and GPU capabilities need to be matched- lowering resolution reduces the number of pixels which have to be computed for these fast changing scenery situations.(Another reason for being cautious when considering the use of larger monitors- which most likely need higher resolutions to avoid graininess!)AR

Try reducing the resolution of your monitor. My guess is that your CPU cannot always keep up with the demand for pixel recomputation- especially as nearby clouds seem to move increasingly more rapidly as the airplane gets close. Same thing may happen on the ground when taxiing and the airplane swings around rapidly in front of a building.CPU and GPU capabilities need to be matched- lowering resolution reduces the number of pixels which have to be computed for these fast changing scenery situations.(Another reason for being cautious when considering the use of larger monitors- which most likely need higher resolutions to avoid graininess!)AR
When I lower it anymore, it looks pretty bad on my monitor. I am only at 1280x1024 resolution which isn't much at all, especially on this CPU. The highest the CPU ever gets is 50% usage. I can try it but I don't think that is where the problem is at. Thanks though!

RW Freight Pilot

Guest venustus01

I run 1600x1200 with those settings in FS9,most sliders are to the right but I run limited AI.The sim looks great!I also use Alacrity pc to shut out any unecessary xp processes.My card is a gts450,and dual core cpu.

So I changed my settings to what you have Venustus, and still get the stutters! Something has got to be wrong here! But I have noticed that when I run full screen, the stutters are very very tiny to gone...

RW Freight Pilot

So I changed my settings to what you have Venustus, and still get the stutters! Something has got to be wrong here! But I have noticed that when I run full screen, the stutters are very very tiny to gone...
How did you change your settings when all your names are missing in inspector? besides, venustus01's settings are the default ones, so there's something wrong in your system if it can't handle either 8xS + 4x Supersample nor default settingsTry reinstalling inspector and your graphics driver maybe

Make sure that resolution settings in FS9 and your display match exactly and like Dazz said re-install inspector and video card driver. Then erase your FS9.cfg and redo all your settings in FS9 and the .cfg if there are any custom edits.

\Robert Hamlich/

Did the two above suggestions, and it may have worked. I cant say yet as when I tested it out, the GPU hit a max of 75% which is still pretty high. I have every setting in FS maxed to the right except for mip mapping, cloud draw distance, and sight distance. I hope I never see anything over 75% but time will tell. Also, is there a visual difference between 8x supersample and 4x supersample?

RW Freight Pilot

Turn off transparency supersampling!! It will make your gfx stutter like crazy; I turned it off after Bojote's Tweaking and Tuning tool (http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html) recommended it.My stuttering has almost gone even in big busy airports like YBBN (orbx). I also have a 560 (TI OC, evga).

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering