Sign in to follow this  
MikeT707

Microsoft Flight: Hawaii Only

That 6670 card sure does not seem like it will have enough power. The article said that it will have 6 times more raw power than the current xbox 360 though. I sure wish microsoft would put something more powerful in the system though. Anyway, I don't want to hijack this thread, but it sure does not seem like too many people are in this forum anymore. It just is so interesting that there were so many people that were on this forum in anticipation of something that will never materialize. I am frustrated with this whole process that ms took us through. I guess there are alternatives, but still a ways off. Xplane 10 is just not ready for a mass audience and may not be for a year or two and Prepar3d will have to put out version 2 and I am thinking that will not be for two or three years.

Well, I for one am excited for the future with both XPX and P3D. Give them both a year or two and we might see something that is very special. Both of these will need third party involvement to transform them just like FSX.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Well if you ask me, Prepar3d will likely do better than xplane version 10. I have looked at xplane and it seems so far off from what the masses could embrace. They really need to have some features available such as airports and something reasonable for cities.

Meant to say that Prepar3d, however, to be successful, needs to have a different pricing structure.

Meant to say that Prepar3d, however, to be successful, needs to have a different pricing structure.
It is not intended to be used by individuals for "entertainment" at all. It is aimed at the professional simulator market... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

It is not intended to be used by individuals for "entertainment" at all. It is aimed at the professional simulator market... ;)
In its current state, perhaps, but nothing is really keeping people from using it for entertainment, although it is not being sold as an entertainment title. I have read from John Venema from Orbx that there should be some different pricing in the future. I suspect that may come with version 1.3 and would likely have an educational version for aspiring pilots. I know it will never be a title at Best Buy, but should be something that many true simulation fans can use.

It's actually against the EULA to use it as a home entertainment product. You can use it to supplement your flight training, but you'd better not have fun while you're doing it.

It's actually against the EULA to use it as a home entertainment product. You can use it to supplement your flight training, but you'd better not have fun while you're doing it.
You are not allowed to talk about the P3D EULA here, so beware. (Not kidding.)

J van E is right -- please have a look at the "important -- please read" thread pinned at the top of the Flight forum to back up his claim.

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

Sorry, I didn't realize I was breaking a rule. I'd edit that out if I could find the edit button.I'd greatly appreciate it if a mod could edit it for me, thanks.

Edited by Scottj85

I have read from John Venema from Orbx that there should be some different pricing in the future. I suspect that may come with version 1.3 and would likely have an educational version for aspiring pilots.
I sure would be looking forward to future changes in the pricing structure for LM's Prepar3d. I would say that FSX third party developers will keep the FSX platform going strong for quite some time. I sure wish that third parties could improve the code somehow, but I do not see that as a possibility.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

I wish the code could be modified as well, but I think the only hope we have is faster processors, but unfortunately, that might have hit a wall. Arg. How frustrating.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.