Sign in to follow this  
Mike_CFII_MEL

Radar Contact 5 and Prepar3D

328 Trying TCP/IP host "192.168.0.40" port 8002 ... 328 ... Okay, IP Address = 192.168.0.40
I assume this is correct? Why aren't you using the ServerName?If both PCs were in the same workgroup you shouldn't need to put any identity in the client INI.This cycle:
	 3078 Attempting to connect now	 3078 Connection made okay!	 3391 Connection closed by server!

does strongly imply the requests are being blocked -- WideServer isn't seeing anything at all from the client. Are you sure it isn't simply your firewall blocking things? Check it both ends. Maybe you made an exception for FSX but not Prepar3D?Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Hi Pete,OK, I got the server problem fixed (it was a port issue). WideClient Shows its connected and Prepar3D shows it connected with WideServer.1But I now get the following error when running Radar ContactRun-Time Error 9RadarContact.fsuipc.rcv4code Prepar3D then crashes.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

But I now get the following error when running Radar ContactRun-Time Error 9RadarContact.fsuipc.rcv4code
That's one for JD. Sorry. He might need an RC log too.
Prepar3D then crashes.
P3D crashes? With nothing local running, only RC remotely, via WideFS? Phew!Maybe you aren't at the starting airport when you run RC, and it is trying to move you to it, and P3D is crashing then because either there's a bug in P3D or you've added scenery which isn't compatible?Either way it is now really outside my area of competence and involvement. Get an RC log and ask JD what error 9 means.RegardsPete

Hi Pete,OK, Thanks for the help.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Hi Pete,It's working now, the runtime error was caused by flight plans generated by FSBuild. If I use FS Commander to generate flight plans RC4 works fine.Thanks

I export FS9/FSX type plans from FSBuild v2.4.0.18 and never had a problem. Although I do not have FSX I have also exported XML FSX plans for support purposes and never had a problem.Have you tried exporting both FSX formats?

Hi Ron,I'll give that a try right now.UPDATE: Exporting to FSX/FS2004 Works with RC4. Not sure why other FSBuild *.PLN files don't work with RC4, but at least everything is working.Thanks

It's working now, the runtime error was caused by flight plans generated by FSBuild. If I use FS Commander to generate flight plans RC4 works fine.
I'm glad it is working, but what caused Prepar3D to crash? It needs reporting to Lockheed-Martin, because theoretically there's nothing RC should have been able to do to crash it. As I said, the most likely thing is that it moved it to a place where there's a scenery, texture, or mesh fault.RegardsPete

Hi Pete,When I press the "Start RC" button from within RC4, the selected aircraft in Prepar3D gets repositioned, during this process Prepar3D crashes. This crash only happens when I generate a flight plan using FSBuild and create a *.PLN file that is not specifically created for FSX/FS2004. In other words, if there is another 3rd. party program (from within FSBuild) that uses the *.PLN format, and I use that file in RC4, that's when Prepar3D moves the aircraft and P3D crashes.As long as I export to (FSX/FS2004) *.PLN file, everything works fine.

When I press the "Start RC" button from within RC4, the selected aircraft in Prepar3D gets repositioned, during this process Prepar3D crashes. This crash only happens when I generate a flight plan using FSBuild and create a *.PLN file that is not specifically created for FSX/FS2004. In other words, if there is another 3rd. party program (from within FSBuild) that uses the *.PLN format, and I use that file in RC4, that's when Prepar3D moves the aircraft and P3D crashes.
Yes, that's what I thought. But there is no way that moving the aircraft in P3D should crash it. If it does this with no added scenery, and you are using P3D version 1.2, the latest, then you should report it to L-H because it is a bug they need to fix. Even if it happens with added scenery they would want to know as P3D is supposed to be compatible with FSX add-on scenery, at least within reason.When bugs are discovered in FSX we are stuck with them. But P3D is being developed as we speak, so all problems with it should be reported.RegardsPete

You can export both formats from FS Build by setting up a folder under your documents folder for each flight sim version, namely "Flight Simulator Files" for FS9 and "Flight Simulator X Files" for the FSX XML version.If you have RC version 4.3.0.4385 it should work with both fs9 .pln formats and XML .pln formats.

Hi Ron,I'll give that a try right now.UPDATE: Exporting to FSX/FS2004 Works with RC4. Not sure why other FSBuild *.PLN files don't work with RC4, but at least everything is working.Thanks

RC will move an aircraft if it is positioned more than a certain distance from an airport reference point. This typically happens when the .pln file contains coordinates different from the scenery airport position or the RC database was built from the incorrect version of FS when you set the path in the scenery rebuild. FSX and FS9 have different airport coordinates in many cases enough to cause this action. If you have RC installed for both FS9 and FSX you should have two RC folders. Be sure you have a shortcut to RC4.exe for each rcv4.exe but rename each shortcut for the version of FS based on the folder RC setup for each sim. Then insure when you rebuild the scenery database that the correct FS path is used for each version. If you have both FS versions and that path plus the .flt\.wxr path in RC and also in the scenery database is incorrect you'll get crossed data for each RC version.I suggest you create a text file on your desktop with a line for each FS path. Then you can copy/paste the correct path into RC's scenery rebuild dialog for the FS version you are running.It also would not hurt to check your Win registry entries for FS9 and FSX if you ever had both. Use this free registry checker tool from this flight1page:http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=library

Hi Pete,When I press the "Start RC" button from within RC4, the selected aircraft in Prepar3D gets repositioned, during this process Prepar3D crashes. This crash only happens when I generate a flight plan using FSBuild and create a *.PLN file that is not specifically created for FSX/FS2004. In other words, if there is another 3rd. party program (from within FSBuild) that uses the *.PLN format, and I use that file in RC4, that's when Prepar3D moves the aircraft and P3D crashes.As long as I export to (FSX/FS2004) *.PLN file, everything works fine.