Sign in to follow this  
psolk

Finally made the change...

Spent last night going through ALL my AI and changing all my CO planes to United textures and United Callsign...Very sad after being CO elite for 12+ years to finally see the name gone but if it is United in the RW I prefer it to be United in the sim... Weird to taxi around KEWR and see and hear UNITED instead of CO but was a long time in the coming...Oh the times they are always changing....

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Paul: you scared the heck out of me with the title of this thread! I thought to myself, "Oh, god, PAUL switched to FSX? What is the world coming to?!?!"

LMAO!! I knew that is what people would think ;)Nope, until FSX has a decent Newark with a Decent 777 I am still an FS9 guy :) 99.999% of my flights are 777 in/out of KEWR so until FSX can be on par with FS9 in those respects I am still a niner!

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

LMAO!! I knew that is what people would think ;)
Wait, wait, wait! I need to remove the hook from my mouth . . . LOL.gif

In the model railroad world, we have a saying, "It's your railroad."That said, I deliberately added Midway Airlines and Hooters Air to my fleet. I've held on to Northwest and Continental as well.Us train guys have a name for those great railroad lines which have been absorbed by today's megatrain corporations - Fallen Flags. Long may they wave.

Nope, until FSX has a decent Newark with a Decent 777 I am still an FS9 guy :) 99.999% of my flights are 777 in/out of KEWR so until FSX can be on par with FS9 in those respects I am still a niner!
Is there a decent KEWR for FS9 you would recommend? Thanks.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Is there a decent KEWR for FS9 you would recommend?
LOT016 in plans? Big%20Grin.gif

Only one that I know of is the one I have used for years from IS...Crank up LVL-D with total center hydraulic failure Rafal ;)

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Crank up LVL-D with total center hydraulic failure Rafal
Captain Wrona (the LO016 guy) comes from my town so one local hero too many... wink.png

LOT016 in plans? Big%20Grin.gif
:-) no, don't have time. I've flow it in real life though. Obviously as a passenger in peasant class.
Only one that I know of is the one I have used for years from IS...Crank up LVL-D with total center hydraulic failure Rafal ;)
What's IS mate?

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

LMAO!! I knew that is what people would think ;)Nope, until FSX has a decent Newark with a Decent 777 I am still an FS9 guy :) 99.999% of my flights are 777 in/out of KEWR so until FSX can be on par with FS9 in those respects I am still a niner!
Please don't take this the wrong way, but I am intrigued... why just one plane and one airport? I thought half the fun of FS was new and exciting places with new and exciting toys :)

Louise

London, UK

Sorry about that Gavin! Rafal to the rescue again ;)Hey Leo, I don't take it the wrong way at all, FS is many different things to different people. For me I travel a lot in real life and all of my flights originate or terminate at KEWR. I use FS to replicate/simulate my RW flights which inevitably means a lot of time at Newark... For years now I have not done a real world flight unless I have done it on the sim first. It has turned into a silly superstition now and there have been times I have stayed up all night to finish a flight before heading to the airport LOL...yes, I have issues but FS is just one of them ;)

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

In the model railroad world, we have a saying, "It's your railroad."That said, I deliberately added Midway Airlines and Hooters Air to my fleet. I've held on to Northwest and Continental as well.Us train guys have a name for those great railroad lines which have been absorbed by today's megatrain corporations - Fallen Flags. Long may they wave.
If i had the space and the money ,i reckon I could into the model railway world.l bet its a fascinating pastime.Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077