Sign in to follow this  
Nixon

777 an amazing plane

I have just bought Just Planes DVD of the Air Canada 777/200 LR and I have to say the 777 is an amazing plane. I was particularly impressed that at max landing weight the Vref speed was 138 knots, especially as the 737-800 can have a higher Vref speed and not be at max landing weight.The 777 must have a very well designed wing.

Wow thats pretty low for such a big bird, what is the max landing weight for it? Wonder how the 787 stands out in this?

Wow thats pretty low for such a big bird, what is the max landing weight for it? Wonder how the 787 stands out in this?
The Max Landing Weight of the 777-300ER (largest variant) is 554,000lbs

Inactive

From memory it was about 275,000 Kgs. As the 787 is a newer design it should if anything be even better.

From memory it was about 275,000 Kgs. As the 787 is a newer design it should if anything be even better.
Like I said above, the Vref on the 777-300ER (largest variant) is 554,000lbs. The Boeing 787 is a smaller airplane, so its approach speed shouldn't be related to the 777's that much. The 787-8's (current and only variant built) Vref is 380,000lbs

Inactive

I was wrong in post 5, the max landing weight of the 777/200LR is just over 220,000Kgs. The Captain explains in the video that the raked wing tip extensions on the LR are what make the wings so efficient.I have no idea on the 787 performance but as it's a much newer design I would guess it must be even more efficient than the LR

I was wrong in post 5, the max landing weight of the 777/200LR is just over 220,000Kgs. The Captain explains in the video that the raked wing tip extensions on the LR are what make the wings so efficient.I have no idea on the 787 performance but as it's a much newer design I would guess it must be even more efficient than the LR
Well, the 777 (any type) and the 787 don't compeye with the 787. The 787 replaces the 767 and is a smaller plane. The 777 is the third largest commercial airliner in the world. of course the 787 will be more effecient, they do things differently for different purposes.

Inactive

Well, the 777 (any type) and the 787 don't compeye with the 787. The 787 replaces the 767 and is a smaller plane. The 777 is the third largest commercial airliner in the world. of course the 787 will be more effecient, they do things differently for different purposes.
Am not sure of the point you are trying to make. My point is that the 787 is a newer design and would benefit from a further 15 years or so R+D since the design of the 777 and about 5 years extra R+D since the design of the LR. The 777 is an amazing plane and no doubt the 787 will also turn out to be a very efficient machine as shown by the number of orders.

Like I said above, the Vref on the 777-300ER (largest variant) is 554,000lbs. The Boeing 787 is a smaller airplane, so its approach speed shouldn't be related to the 777's that much. The 787-8's (current and only variant built) Vref is 380,000lbs
V's are speeds, not weights. Changes in V-speeds are driven by changes in weight, but try not to confuse the terms here. The Flight Sim community is a fragile one that latches onto use of technical terms: correct or incorrect.

Kyle Rodgers

going to be a good plane! :)I also have the AC 777 ER....awesome video.

Yes i love it and to add those huge engines are just awesome.I also own the AC 777-200 LR video and the SAS A330 video..

Mattias Nordgren   

fs2crew777.jpg

PRO-ATCX BETA TEAM

I own the ACA 772LR video, too, and I really like it. Looking forward to fly this bird modeled by PMDG in FSX! :)

best regards, Mathias