Sign in to follow this  
fscabral

Fsx- Locheed L-188 in HD textures - Varig

New HD textures, VARIG Electra II theme, for the great model from TEAM FS KBT - L-188. I just uploaded in the library (so keep watching, it wont take too long to be ready).This is the PP-VJL used in the Air Bridge in Brazil.Moust of the textures are in 4096,some in 2048, all in 32 bit excepted for some in dxt5.The zip file is abou 212Mb, expanded you will need i guess about 1gb in the hdd.Should work fine for all, i am using FSX sp2, win7 64bit, Intel duo 3Ghz, ATI 1Gb using dx 9(not tested in dx10), 4Gb ram....I hope you like!file name in the library will be: Varig Lockheed L-188 Electra PP-VJL v3.0 HD

It might be my computer, but the cockpit pictures look very dark to me. All the others are great.
Hi there, i placed 3 shots at night, the other VC shot should be during the day. Beeing honest with you i don´t get why some pics are dark to you, maybe it is your monitor. The night shots are quite dark but i placed them trying to show how should looks like during a night flight.

Nice paintwork!!#####, 212 MB for a paint!! Wow smile.png
Hi. Yes, 213Mb zipped...i never did such a big repaint. But this bird diserve it. Thanks for your coments.

Hi. Yes, 213Mb zipped...i never did such a big repaint. But this bird diserve it. Thanks for your coments.
Cause of your paint i rolled the plane out of my hangar. :( But till these 213 MB are loaded, it´ll take some time...:(

Cause of your paint i rolled the plane out of my hangar. Big Grin.gif But till these 213 MB are loaded, it´ll take some time...smile.png
Whistle.gif

Do you know the program DXTBmp? If you want to convert all these textures to dxt5, it will make 2 to 4 times lighter, but you will lose the 32bit quality :)

Got it!!! 1,24 GB for an single paint, that´s crazy!! smile.png
welcome to 21st century opppss make it welcome to 22nd century where all repaints will be 2 GB each in HD quality.:):):)Aharon

signCopy.jpg

Is it normal that nearly to nothing is clickable in the cockpit?
Worried.gif Yep! Fs KBT didn´t activate all the gauges, just some clickables i am afraid. I wish i knew how to remake gauges Praying.gif . Maybe one day i learn or someone come and help us!!! kkkI hope you are enjoying this repaint :)